+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howto repair a scratch in an acrylic dome

Newby Rebreather Diver gemdiver is an unknown quantity at this point gemdiver's Avatar
    Kiss Gem

Howto repair a scratch in an acrylic dome

This is my latest vlog on YouTube. I show you how to remove a scratch from your underwater camera housing dome.

The first time that I noticed a scratch on my dome I thought i had to replace it and it would cost me a lot of money.

Watch the video and I explain how to fix it without you having to buy a new dome. Let me know what you think

Here is the link

How-to repair scratches on the dome of underwater camera housing - YouTube

How-to repair scratches on the dome of underwater camera housing - YouTube">How-to repair scratches on the dome of underwater camera housing - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
    Last edited by gemdiver; 2nd July 2014 at 02:50.

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

Re: Howto repair a scratch in an acrylic dome

Wow how excited are you:)

RBW Member Craig70mtr is an unknown quantity at this point Craig70mtr's Avatar
    Posiedon Mk VI

Quote Originally Posted by trimix1965  View Original Post
    Micro Mesh is a great product,good instructions,good vid.But when you put that first cut across your dome you feel like crying.You just keep going,hoping to hell it comes good.End result a sigh of relief and a crystal clear dome.

Newby Rebreather Diver gemdiver is an unknown quantity at this point gemdiver's Avatar
    Kiss Gem

Quote Originally Posted by trimix1965  View Original Post
    And that is before my first coffee

Kiss Gem

Quote Originally Posted by Craig70mtr  View Original Post
    Micro Mesh is a great product,good instructions,good vid.But when you put that first cut across your dome you feel like crying.You just keep going,hoping to hell it comes good.End result a sigh of relief and a crystal clear dome.
    I looked at this product, but the quixx product was easier to get for me and cheaper. I was really happy with the result and it fits in my travel kit

RBW Member Craig70mtr is an unknown quantity at this point Craig70mtr's Avatar
    Posiedon Mk VI

Quote Originally Posted by gemdiver  View Original Post
    I looked at this product, but the quixx product was easier to get for me and cheaper. I was really happy with the result and it fits in my travel kit
    Yep,damn sight cheaper than new ports.

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

Agreed the first pass with the sandpaper makes you want to cry and drown your sorrow in a drink. But three hours later the dome port looks brand new.
    Micro mesh is a great product

+ Reply to Thread