+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CEROS avenger

unknown diver cyphercube is an unknown quantity at this point cyphercube's Avatar

Question CEROS avenger

CEROS was a compartment of the ATO of DARPA
    They were a National Defense Center specializing in ocean stuff.
    A bit ago, they were sequestered, so basically no longer exist.
    I was paid to produce the next wave of rebreather control mechanisms.
    The project, called REAPER CHEATER, was supposed to be a back up system for electronic controls, but could also be used as stand alone control.
    The RC did not use any electronics, so clever users would have to use separate O2 monitoring.
    The unit itself utilized mechanical logic, an arrangement of valves, diaphragms, and such, to simulate the way a diver would control his mix if flying on manual control.
    With CEROS dead, I approached a rebreather manufacturer, who expressed interest, but then sat on it ever since.
    I am not a businessman, so I don't really have a way to proceed with this, and I am tired of sitting on it.
    So I am going to give it to the world at large, or "open source" it.
    Now... How to get it out there?
    I have thought it might be good to put an article in a tech diving magazine, but all the ones I knew are now dead.
    Any thoughts?

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Re: CEROS avenger

Interesting.... How about starting a blog or just publish everything here?

unknown diver cyphercube is an unknown quantity at this point cyphercube's Avatar

that thing you have for an avatar- i don't know what it is, but I could watch it all day.

RBW Member mike6043 is an unknown quantity at this point mike6043's Avatar
    none

Any news?

+ Reply to Thread