+ Reply to Thread

Thread: potting electronics

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

potting electronics

Hi all,
    I've just rewired my inspo classic so is now coax. All I have left to do is repot the circuit board, any advice would be much appreciated.
    I've tried maplin's but it's going to be 3-4 days before they get some in, I was hoping to try it out on Sunday but don't really think its a good idea to pot Sat and dive Sun? Is there anything I can temporary seal it with ie, wrap in insulation tape pop it back into box then tape that up to? Or just bin the dive and pot at my pleasure?
    Regards
    Baz

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Re: potting electronics

Quote Originally Posted by turtle dude  View Original Post
    Hi all,
    I've just rewired my inspo classic so is now coax. All I have left to do is repot the circuit board, any advice would be much appreciated.
    I've tried maplin's but it's going to be 3-4 days before they get some in, I was hoping to try it out on Sunday but don't really think its a good idea to pot Sat and dive Sun? Is there anything I can temporary seal it with ie, wrap in insulation tape pop it back into box then tape that up to? Or just bin the dive and pot at my pleasure?
    Regards
    Baz
    baz talking to peter ready about that very same thing , he told me 72 hour for full cure (going to depth ) that diving early will create compression on the cure that may not show it self for awhile but it will eventually ....hope that helps

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Re: potting electronics

Yer, cheers, looks like I might have some potting coming tomorrow (Thursday) but unfortunately between myself and N90 we've messed the order up so I only have 2 coax leads - well gutted, ordered another lead Monday but still waiting, I know the boy's at N90 are good at delivery but also won't send out crap so finger's crossed I receive it tomorrow!
    Thanks
    Baz

+ Reply to Thread