+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: optima course tips please

www.rebreather.com.br zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave's Avatar
    O2ptima / Liberty / Dolphin

optima course tips please

Hi guys,

so, I am getting ready to start my optima course next monday and I am looking for some tips that might help me get confort with the CCR and to help me have a decent performance, thus avoiding beeing by Mr. Jones.

thanks,

Zé.

On the loop! E-man will become famous soon enough E-man will become famous soon enough E-man will become famous soon enough E-man's Avatar

Re: optima course tips please

Pay attention, understand the theory, know your PO2, and leave your ego behind :D

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

If it is at all possible, (assuming you are purchasing a unit), meet with your instructor, bringing your Optima, well in advance of the start of the course. Giving your instructor a chance to review your setup will go a long way toward arriving at your final gear configuration. (There are lots of choices like traditional backplate, Transpac, Transplate, etc. So, make sure your instructor sees what you intend to use.)

There are lots of little things that your instructor can suggest for you to get that will make your CCR diving transition easier. Taking care of this in advance of the class will make it so that there is less running around to deal with things like this during the course. You will have enough to do in the class already. This will be one less thing on your list. ;)

Read all texts and the manual, and practice the assembly of the unit. If you can't do that, at least play with the computers as much as you can while going through the manual for the computers. You will show up to class ready to learn.

John Jones has more time on the Optima (by far) than any other person on the planet. He is a great instructor. So, you already have a big advantage.

There's a lot to learn. However, it will be fun. Congratulations!
    Last edited by ScubaDadMiami; 20th May 2006 at 06:31.

CCR Instructor devilgas is an unknown quantity at this point devilgas's Avatar

We are becoming a O2ptima delaer. I have a unit on order and am renting one for my student. I also will be down south soon with Mr Jones. I'm doing my instructor xover and our owner is doing his diver cert.

Let me know how time you have to go stand in the corner during class :)

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Hmm
    I would say get yourself at least a couple of these :p
    http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Shipping-Pack...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
    Chriso

Bloody Rebreathers! Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell's Avatar
    O2ptima, Sentinel, Prism 2

Inspiration & KISS & Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Hmm
    I would say get yourself at least a couple of these :p
    http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Shipping-Pack...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers
    Chriso
    that is a bit rough coming from your good-self after what you went through with your chosen unit

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Blackwell
    that is a bit rough coming from your good-self after what you went through with your chosen unit
    Jason,

Chris was relating from personal experience... :)

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Hey Jas
    I was refering to carrying all those EAC's, not the unit

Cheers
    Chriso

CCR Instructor devilgas is an unknown quantity at this point devilgas's Avatar

Humm, funny how the EAC's come in a card board box already, with 4 cartridges in each box. Not sure what anyone would need a box for? So your input is basically crap.

O2ptima Test Dummy
    JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by devilgas
    We are becoming a O2ptima delaer. I have a unit on order and am renting one for my student. I also will be down south soon with Mr Jones. I'm doing my instructor xover and our owner is doing his diver cert.

Let me know how time you have to go stand in the corner during class :)
    No standing in the corner I sic Racal on you and a Jack Russell in the play with me mode is worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast