+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: travel friendly RB

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

travel friendly RB

Back to topic ( for me) the JJ is surprising travel friendly, with the stand removed, the scrubber, head and tube go in a small rucksack for carry on, and the rest is good in normal luggage. I picked up in 1 hand a rEvo micro FT, tiny and really lightweight. I reckon that would go in an overhead bin no trouble, and when you et where you are going, I don't think anyone can approach it efficiency with sorb.
    Last edited by Dave1w; 16th June 2014 at 08:22.

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Darwin mCCR, MK15, Hobo, Flex

travel friendly RB

I recently got HH Hobo and it well suited for travel ! I just need to remove wing and everything else fits perfectly to my carryon. Wing goes to my check in baggage. Tanks can be rented pretty much at any dive shop since they are standard 2 or 3 liter faber.

Supporting Member Kydaka is an unknown quantity at this point Kydaka's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hCCR

Kiss GEM

Re: travel friendly RB

Flown Seattle to Florida twice with my rEvo 111 mini in the overhead. I had a canvas cover made where the shoulder and waist straps hang out and I carry it like a back pack. Tanks removed of course...... don't forget to take all your cutting devises off any webbing!!!! TSA hates that

Dive Junkie Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver's Avatar
    Inspo w/Deep Pursuit head:)

Quote Originally Posted by Kydaka  View Original Post
    Flown Seattle to Florida twice with my rEvo 111 mini in the overhead. I had a canvas cover made where the shoulder and waist straps hang out and I carry it like a back pack. Tanks removed of course...... don't forget to take all your cutting devises off any webbing!!!! TSA hates that
    That's everything short of tanks?

Supporting Member Kydaka is an unknown quantity at this point Kydaka's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hCCR

Kiss GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Husker diver  View Original Post
    That's everything short of tanks?
    Yep, that was everything

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Have flown mine with tank on and valves off. No special cover or anything. Loop on, hud attachted, computer on wrist. Walked around like it was normal and got zero flack. Slipped it in the over head and had a seat.

RBW Member SigiSolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past SigiSolo's Avatar
    Poseidon SE7EN

Hi all!
    Limitations of the DEEP battery is history since 16.6.2014...

"http://mkvi.poseidon.com/"
    By
    SigiSolo

RBW Member rongoodman is an unknown quantity at this point rongoodman's Avatar
    Prism 2

I find traveling with my Prism 2 to be pretty straight forward. I agree that it needs a stand and I'm seriously irritated with Hollis for dragging their feet on it. My instructor last summer had a prototype from them which would be fine if they'd just put it on the market!

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Quote Originally Posted by rongoodman  View Original Post
    I find traveling with my Prism 2 to be pretty straight forward. I agree that it needs a stand and I'm seriously irritated with Hollis for dragging their feet on it. My instructor last summer had a prototype from them which would be fine if they'd just put it on the market!

Ron,

Do you happen to have any pictures of that stand? I agree with you about that. It is a little irritating having the unit be so complicated to keep upright. As for the travel, I generally put the unit itself in my bug out bag (from a military bag provider) with backplate attached as a carry on, as it fits in the overhead bin, and send the wing, cl's and 1st stages under the plane.

My Instructor had built a stand mainly for doing work on the unit. It wasn't connected to the unit, and it was mostly for doing checks and so on at a some sites we went diving at in Florida. If you happen to have any pictures of that stand, please share them. I really hope Hollis puts one out. They've been talking about it long enough. Hopefully it doesn't add to the weight too much.

Cheers - Chris

RBW Member rongoodman is an unknown quantity at this point rongoodman's Avatar
    Prism 2

No, I didn't get a picture. It was pretty simple as I recall, a light piece of tubing attached someplace to the frame and bent out at the bottom to form legs. I like my Prism 2, but Hollis took a long time to get the small lungs and BOV out the door, and are dragging their feet on this too. I had hoped for better support from a large(ish) company.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast