+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: travel friendly RB

Re: travel friendly RB

Quote Originally Posted by SigiSolo  View Original Post
    Hi zaf88
    i think one of the newest and most travel friendly rebreather ist the Poseido SE7EN: CE to 100m, 18kg ready to dive with 3l-Al-Tanks...

By
    SigiSolo
    what a pretty unit. r u stuck using only the the 3l tanks or can it take others? also what has real world feedback been on the unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    At the moment the rEvo Micro titanium must offer the best in terms of field serviciable & repairable travel units. My personal feeling is its not ideal for the bigger dives I often do but aside from that it ticks a lot of boxes.

Its duel scrubber design also makes it the most lime freindly unit out there.

Mark
    that revo looks fantastic. You didn't list the poseidon se7en. Just curious to see what fell short for you there.

the kiss spirit lte looks great as well. how the hell does anyone choose a rebreather!

RBW Member gobbe is an unknown quantity at this point gobbe's Avatar
    Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by zaf88  View Original Post
    the kiss spirit lte looks great as well. how the hell does anyone choose a rebreather!
    Roll the dice Seriously. I selected my device based on two most important things. Price and availability of spares. Also if your regular diving buddies use some device it's usually better to choose same and then share spares etc.

Anyway there are lot's of devices on the market and also second hand devices for sale so if you select one device and buy second hand you can then later move other and not loose that much money…..

I know lot's of people owning 2-3 different units...

Dive Junkie Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver's Avatar
    Inspo w/Deep Pursuit head:)

Quote Originally Posted by gobbe  View Original Post
    Roll the dice Seriously. I selected my device based on two most important things. Price and availability of spares. Also if your regular diving buddies use some device it's usually better to choose same and then share spares etc.

Anyway there are lot's of devices on the market and also second hand devices for sale so if you select one device and buy second hand you can then later move other and not loose that much money…..

I know lot's of people owning 2-3 different units...
    +1

I haven't taveled with my Inspo but I suspect it could be a bugger even with the PLDT frame...but doable I suppose.

If I end up with another unit for travel it'll likely be the KISS Orca Spirit. Wouldn't be suprised if I ended up with one of these in the future but no way in hell I'm selling my seriously Gucci'd out Inspo.

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Husker diver  View Original Post
    +1

I haven't taveled with my Inspo but I suspect it could be a bugger even with the PLDT frame...but doable I suppose.

If I end up with another unit for travel it'll likely be the KISS Orca Spirit. Wouldn't be suprised if I ended up with one of these in the future but no way in hell I'm selling my seriously Gucci'd out Inspo.
    The yellow boxes are easy to travel with... just expensive. Put it in it's crate with your fins and other bits and pay for the extra 20kg baggage allowance!!! Joking aside though, I've just got back from Egypt taking my Evo and drysuit out there for a week using a 20kg extra (40kg in total) and it can be done. Those APD crates are surprisingly tough and can handle even Egyptian baggage handlers' best efforts.

RBW Member SigiSolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past SigiSolo's Avatar
    Poseidon SE7EN

what a pretty unit. r u stuck using only the the 3l tanks or can it take others? also what has real world feedback been on the unit?
    The SE7EN can also take other tanks than 3l: 1/2/3/4...liter.
    And presssure to 200bar (O2) and to 300bar (DIL).
    DIL adjustable 1%O2.
    By
    SigiSolo

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Stearns  View Original Post
    Mark, you didn't add the KISS LTE. Has all four points you listed at the top, weights 21 lbs. without tanks, making it very easy an light for carry on. Once you are there 13 cuft for oxygen (19 if you have to) and 40 cuft for dil/bailout. Have to find a rebreather friendly shop that wouldn't have those.

Sorry I am not familure with that unit

Ill look it up.

ATB

Mark

OK didint realise the LTE was the Spirit

Fantastic travel unit but more of a second unit than a primary (IMHO).

I couldn't see me doing my usual 3 hour 60-70m trimix dives and defo not my ocasional trips down arround 100m but I can easily see me buying one in the future when I give up on deeper than 50m stuff

I have a BIG soft spot for the Classic KISS so I hope this is as good in terms of being so easy to live with.

ATB

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Chase; 12th June 2014 at 14:43.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

that revo looks fantastic. You didn't list the poseidon se7en. Just curious to see what fell short for you there.
    IMHO

Too much on it that could break / fail, expensive and hard to find cartridge scrubber, not very field repairable and it wont let you dive arround problems

ATB

Mark

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

The Kiss SideKick converted to CCR makes a slick travel rebreather.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast