+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CCR Accident Italy May,25 2014

Fabio Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Sentinel

CCR Accident Italy May,25 2014

MAy,25 Beatrice Brogi, 39 years old, Portofino, Italy
    Poseidon Cis Lunar Mk6 rebreather
    Occurred few minutes after descend.
    Sub morta nei fondali di Portofino, il pm ipotizza l'omicidio; supplemento di indagini - La Nazione - Siena

RBW Member uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer's Avatar
    rEvo mini III Hybrid rMS

Re: CCR Accident Italy May,25 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Barfab  View Original Post
    MAy,25 Beatrice Brogi, 39 years old, Portofino, Italy
    Poseidon Cis Lunar Mk6 rebreather
    Occurred few minutes after descend.
    Sub morta nei fondali di Portofino, il pm ipotizza l'omicidio; supplemento di indagini - La Nazione - Siena
    Google translate seems to get the depth wrong: she was found unconscious at 47 meters, not feet (that's as far as my Italian goes).
    Why would one be found unconscious if not because of hypercapnia? (there is no mention of her having spit out her mouthpiece, so hyperoxia is likely not the cause (?)).
    After the report of a imperfectly sealed scrubber o-ring on a Meg resulting in a fatality, it begs the question of usefulness of a BOV in cases of a CO2 percentage subtly creeping up. What percentage is enough to pass out without feeling impaired? What percentage are current sensors (with all their imperfections) capable of detecting?
    It would be interesting to know what scrubber (pre-packed or granular) she was using.
    Tragic news in any case, and my saddened thoughts go to this lady and her friends and family.

Age Quod Agis psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo's Avatar
    INSPIRATION VISION

Again no information disclosure other then a possible MANSLAUGHTER indiction...

Manslaughter (sometimes also refered as third degree murder) is an unlawful killing that does not involve malice aforethought.

The absence of malice aforethought means that manslaughter involves less moral blame than either first or second degree murder.

Thus, while manslaughter is a serious crime, the punishment for manslaughter is generally less than it would be for murder.

Let´s wait...

RBW Member uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer's Avatar
    rEvo mini III Hybrid rMS

Since my post above did not get approved until recently (cf Kristi C's announcement in another thread), I did not get a chance to correct it.
    If anything, hypoxia is more likely than hypercapnia as a cause of passing out without warning. Lack of brain cell oxygenation may have been at the origin of my uneducated guess too...3 months ago :-(

+ Reply to Thread