+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inflator hose length when diving a GEM

RBW Member crpntr133 is an unknown quantity at this point crpntr133's Avatar

Inflator hose length when diving a GEM

I got the GEM out last weekend and kept loosing the inflator hose. No idea why I didn't do this in class. After I started to get irritated I remembered that someone on here told me that I would want a shorter inflator hose. So what length is everyone using?

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Inflator hose length when diving a GEM

I actually preferred a longer one,I used the 22in one

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Inflator hose length when diving a GEM

Personal preference. I also went longer. But maybe that's just a guy thing.

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

I thought that it was you Jeff that told me I would want a shorter BC hose. At either rate I am changing it since inflator itself is a pain with thick gloves. I like my old Zeagle inflators.

I did reroute my SPG hose and clipped it off to the left CL. No need to fumble with unclipping with dry gloves.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Nope, wasnt me, first thing I did with my GEM was get the longest inflator Zeagle made...

I used to run my inflator between the counter lungs and later changed to outside which worked much better for me.

I do agree on routing outside. I couldn't figure out why I kept having to search for the hose this last time. I looked at one of my class pics and saw that the house was on the outside of the CL's. The last dives I would find it tangled up inside.

After searching, and measuring the hose I have now, I won't be getting shorter. The hose I have is 16" long and the shortest I found. So now I will be buying just a Zeagle inflator. Saved some money but didn't solve the problem.

+ Reply to Thread