+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: south of france not RB friendly

  1. #11
    RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    111
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

    Re: south of france not RB friendly

    Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    Just put a CE sticker on? Or do they do a background check to see if the cert is valid?

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Ahahahahaah funny guy...
    We re french but most of us are not stupid. If you think the dive center which are accepting breathers are not aware of what is ce and what is not...
    and yes in france the european laws regarding rebreathers is enforced.
    If you dive non ce or home-made you can only cave dive in france or outside a commercial structure.
    enjoy

  2. #12

    Re: Re: south of france not RB friendly

    Quote Originally Posted by LeCrabe  View Original Post
    Ahahahahaah funny guy...
    We re french but most of us are not stupid. If you think the dive center which are accepting breathers are not aware of what is ce and what is not...
    and yes in france the european laws regarding rebreathers is enforced.
    If you dive non ce or home-made you can only cave dive in france or outside a commercial structure.
    enjoy
    So your not allowed to dive a CE certified 1st and 2nd stage with a long hose as that is not what was tested ..

    Silly silly rules

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chartres, France
    Posts
    1,311
    Classic Kiss

    Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

    Re: south of france not RB friendly

    Quote Originally Posted by LeCrabe  View Original Post
    Ahahahahaah funny guy...
    We re french but most of us are not stupid. If you think the dive center which are accepting breathers are not aware of what is ce and what is not...
    and yes in france the european laws regarding rebreathers is enforced.
    If you dive non ce or home-made you can only cave dive in france or outside a commercial structure.
    enjoy
    Oh no, not again.
    Even if most are not stupid, some are and in this case, they demontraste high stupidity.

    No they do not enforce EU law because no law, EU or French, states that you cannot dive a non CE unit. The law says that you cannot sell one as a professionnal and commercial activity. Same as a condom, no more, no less.
    If they do not accept non CE units, it's because they wanna do everything to cover their ass. I don't blame them, their choice. I just wished they would tell the truth instead of bull...

  4. #14
    RBW Member LeCrabe is an unknown quantity at this point LeCrabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    111
    rEvo III mCCR mini titanium

    Re: south of france not RB friendly

    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN  View Original Post
    Oh no, not again.
    Even if most are not stupid, some are and in this case, they demontraste high stupidity.

    No they do not enforce EU law because no law, EU or French, states that you cannot dive a non CE unit. The law says that you cannot sell one as a professionnal and commercial activity. Same as a condom, no more, no less.
    If they do not accept non CE units, it's because they wanna do everything to cover their ass. I don't blame them, their choice. I just wished they would tell the truth instead of bull...
    Hi Philippe,
    Do not misunderstand me I fully agree with you on that one. Everybody here should just understand that it is not a "favor" that dive center in france are doing to tourists.
    French divers are the ones suffering the most of the situation...

  5. #15
    aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Frankfurt & Budapest
    Posts
    362
    inspiration vision

    Re: south of france not RB friendly

    Question is: Who forces the dive center to check if the CE is valid or not?

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    171

    Re: south of france not RB friendly

    I was told that all CE were aloud to dive submatics were not,so if your going to France dont take your MK 16 or your cis lunas with you you will not be able to dive them, though a travel frame on an AP unit will be OK, i know remember why i kept a unit with a CE on it.
    Darrell

  7. #17
    RBW Member xbayet is an unknown quantity at this point xbayet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Caledonia
    Posts
    23

    Re: south of france not RB friendly

    Quote Originally Posted by com1  View Original Post
    Question is: Who forces the dive center to check if the CE is valid or not?
    Law says that "to dive in a commercial structure with a rebreather, the last must be certified according to standards."
    does not apply to O2 rebs or machines prior to 1990

    regards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts