+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cuda 650 Battery

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Re: Cuda 650 Battery

Quote Originally Posted by diverrob  View Original Post
    Yea I tried that however it won't work when submerged the battery is too weak to turn against the water. I also have the Xprop on which is extra resistance. I might try putting the plastic variable pitch prop on and feather it to no thrust and then try it in the bathtub. Thanks

Rob

Or no prop at all?

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    Have you tried recharging it at all?

Here are some hi wattage resistors. Be warned than a "50watt" resistor may require heatsinking to get this rating.

Panel / Chassis Mount Resistors Product List | Resistors - Fixed Value | Newark element14 US
    I have not recharged it yet, I thought I would discharge it first.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by diverrob  View Original Post
    I have not recharged it yet, I thought I would discharge it first.

It is discharged. Thats why it does not work.

Charge it up. It more than likely will not reach full capacity.
    Drain in down. BUT DONT GO BELOW 35 VOLT!!!

Repeat
    Repeat

( Dont repeat the repeats of you will be stuck in a loop)

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

It is discharged. Thats why it does not work.

Charge it up. It more than likely will not reach full capacity.
    Drain in down. BUT DONT GO BELOW 35 VOLT!!!

Repeat
    Repeat

( Dont repeat the repeats of you will be stuck in a loop)
    OK thanks I will get on this, I thought I had to discharge it to 35V first since the resting voltage now is around 42V. I am going to take the suggestion of removing the prop and running down the battery in a tub of water after charging. Thanks for the help so far I sure hope this helps me get back in the water :)

Rob

Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

OK so I spoke with DiveXtras today about my battery and it looks like it can be saved (just as Packhorse mentioned above). The bottom line is that they have been giving out the wrong instructions on charging for years so this is what they recommend now....

1. Ensure you battery is fully charged just before you go diving (the night before)

2. Post dive put the battery back on charge until the green light comes on

3. disconnect the battery and leave it until you go diving again

to restore my battery they suggest running it above the water at speed 3 or lower until it stops and then re-charge until the green light comes on, then repeat at least 3 times and possibly 10 times. This should bring the cells back to life. if not then they recommend returning it to Rabbit Tool West where they will put all new cells in for over 50% less than replacing the battery.

Hope this works :)

Rob

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Running it with out the prop will take a very long time to drain. But you will have the added advantage of the scooters ESC low volt cut out. It may take 2 days!! But it probably is advisable to do it in water. I am not sure how the shaft seals perform dry.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Guys hi. I know this is ages ago, but running the scooter above water is not harmful for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

I dont think its good for the shaft seal.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

I dont think its good for the shaft seal.
    Thanks mate. This is what I was thinking also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2