+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indo Siren Liveaboard - Raja Ampat

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Indo Siren Liveaboard - Raja Ampat

Just returned from another great trip on a Siren Liveaboard. This time we did Raja Ampat on the Indo Siren and decided to take our 2 Hollis Explorers. As normal the rebreather support was excellent : sorb specially ordered for us, lots of room to set up etc and crew unbelievably helpful, even to the extent of assisting with getting the units on and off - the latter not expected or necessary but greatly appreciated just the same.

These proved to be ideal for the 'recreational' style of diving offered and really demonstrated the benefits of a 'recreational' rebreather. The 75 - 80 minute dives offered matched perfectly the scrubber duration and ease of being able to simply fill with Nitrox rather than boosting O2 was excellent.
    We found that the majority of OC divers were ending their dives well short of us and our ability to spend much more of the dive at deeper depths allowed for many more photo opportunities on this trip. The maximum depth of 40m was not an issue and only reached on one occasion.

Being a PRISM diver normally, I can say they do not offer the diving 'flexibility' of a tech CCR, however for the purpose they are designed they are great.

If you are looking for a great Liveaboard CCR experience ( tech or recreational CCR) and prepared to live with 'recreational' depths and durations then you should try the Siren fleet - this was our 3rd trip and we will be back !

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Indo Siren Liveaboard - Raja Ampat

Hi Brian,

I have a beautiful underwater panoramic picture that my Prism instructor Matthew Addison took Raja Ampat several years ago. Looks like a real beautiful place to visit one day.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member perry kuo is an unknown quantity at this point perry kuo's Avatar
    poseidon MK 7

I'll try in my future diving trip with my MK 7.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

The Siren fleet is one of the few geared to accommodate recreational CCR divers. They are a first class outfit! Glad to hear others are having a good experience with them, as well!

+ Reply to Thread