+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebreather friendly dive centers in Varadero Cuba

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

Rebreather friendly dive centers in Varadero Cuba

Does anybody know of a Rebreather friendly dive center in Varadero Cuba, I have just booked myself a last minute holiday and would like to know if I need to leave my clothes at home and pack my Rebreather in the suitcase.

Thanks in advance.

Louis

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: Rebreather friendly dive centers in Varadero Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by louisrankin
    Does anybody know of a Rebreather friendly dive center in Varadero Cuba, I have just booked myself a last minute holiday and would like to know if I need to leave my clothes at home and pack my Rebreather in the suitcase.

Thanks in advance.

Louis

You will strugle.

The only 02 available is for mediical use. Very few centres even do Nitrox. I was told no one did trimix.

I have only been to Cuba once so others may know better but that was the gist of it in Cayo Caco.

ATB

Mark Chase

Pom in Aus louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin will become famous soon enough louisrankin's Avatar
    Meg & GAF

Kiss Classic & Sports Kiss

Thanks Mark,

I thought it may be a long shot.

Louis

Dude Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M has a spectacular aura about Andy M's Avatar

[quote=louisrankin]Does anybody know of a Rebreather friendly dive center in Varadero Cuba, I have just booked myself a last minute holiday and would like to know if I need to leave my clothes at home and pack my Rebreather in the suitcase.
    [
    /quote]

Rebreathers? Cuba? forget it. You cant even do Nitrox courses there. The diving is all fairly shallow and ideally suited to OC, so start blowing bubbles :)

RBW Member costas tsangaris is an unknown quantity at this point costas tsangaris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisrankin  View Original Post

Thanks in advance.

Louis
    i am going there too and i was thinking of taking my reb with me.

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

When I dived from Varadero, I was very dissapointed. The reefs were all smashed and the one little wreck(a missile boat) we weren't allowed to go inside of.

The best diving I did was down in Maria La Gorda, in the extreme south west of Pinar Del Rio. Diving in a remote National Park was cool stuff, but I only got to do one dive.

Where ever you choose your unlikely to get your consumables unless you take them with you.

I've known a few people who've hit Cuba's south side by sail and motor boat and they had some brilliant stories of great uncharted diving and sharks.

Maybe we should put a trip together. Load a boat with what we need from Cayman, Jamaica or somewhere else close by and then just dive our guts out for a couple of weeks.

Anyway

Good luck

Seb

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

Hey guys,

I've been diving and teaching around Havana area in Cuba 2 years ago and if someone can help down there will be this guy.
    His name is Beto and his e-mail is albertheau@yahoo.com , and he has nitrox and oxygen,
    If is possible write in spanish but you can also send a e-mail in english.
    I strongly recomend you to dive the Havana Bay on the entrance of the channel. On the fortress side you will find two wrecks one was transporting amunition and the another one bottles and plattes; they are laying side by side and have a lots of souvenirs scattered on the bottle. On the 'Malecon' side you can swin to the ; Anchor Garden' with depths around 150 t0 250 ft deep full of losted anchors Amazing dive!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you find O2 and do a nice dives!!!!!
    Cheers,
    Michael Netto - www.megalodonbrasil.com.br
    ISC Megalodon CCR Dealer and IT
    Sentinel and Cislunar MK6 CCR Instructor
    IANTD and TDI CCR Trimix and CCR Cave Instructor

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

yo

Beto is the guy in Havanna, he reads good english and speaks some too. He has a russian booster pump from a russian Sub. Some times he even gets helium too.

Besides the wrecks in the Havanna harbour ( going diving with a 1958 Chevrolet Bellair ) entrance there is a garden of anchors form the spanish galleons who passed by Cuba during the centuries.

I as well dove a large Spanish Destroyer from the Spanish American War in the Santiago de Cuba area, its a beach dive ... good penetration, stuff laying all over the place ....

saludos
    Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

+ Reply to Thread