+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DIY BMCL's

RBW Member Poiret is an unknown quantity at this point Poiret's Avatar
    Vision

DIY BMCL's

I've got a spare pair of OTSL's and am planning on making myself some back mounted counterlungs for my Inspiration. I know people have done this before and just wondering how they've gone about doing it. I've got a few ideas but thought I'd see what ideas have been tried and tested so far. What's the best way of attaching them, routing hoses and dump valves etc etc. Any comments gratefully received.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: DIY BMCL's

Quote Originally Posted by Poiret  View Original Post
    I've got a spare pair of OTSL's and am planning on making myself some back mounted counterlungs for my Inspiration. I know people have done this before and just wondering how they've gone about doing it. I've got a few ideas but thought I'd see what ideas have been tried and tested so far. What's the best way of attaching them, routing hoses and dump valves etc etc. Any comments gratefully received.
    Do couple searches on BMCL. Back mount Counterlungs etc and you will find some excellent old threads with exactly what your looking for...

There were a couple inspo guys that did exactly what your asking about

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Hi i cut my lungs from attachment part, turned them around, used small shakel to attach the lung to the bottom of my back plate (removed ap harness about 5ys ago). Attached top end to top d'ring of harness. I made my own mav's for o2 and dill, while i was at it i converted my unit to a hybrid by adding a metering valve.
    Ooops for got to mention i added a 20mm spacer between back plate and cage (removed ap yellow box about 10ys ago). Then just velcro'ed the lungs together.

As for the opv i never used it, always dump through my nose and as for flood recovery never flooded a lung to the point it needed draining?.

Hope this is of some use

Regards

Baz.

Vision

Cheers. I'll have a play and see what I come up with. Hoping to reuse the original lungs and just change the attaching points. Shouldn't be too difficukt since I've already made them removable.

Paul Daniels eXile is on a distinguished road eXile is on a distinguished road eXile's Avatar
    Davis Station, Antarctica(Usually Jervis Bay, Australia)
    Ouroboros #107

Classic Inspo, Ray, Homebuild

I just moved the attachment points from the front of the harness to the back just behind the hips. Best thing I ever did to my inspo. WOB was much more comfortable for me and the clutter free chest was awesome. Lungs now sit firmly up the backside of the ribcage. If you need pics let me know and I'll take some for you.

HTH,
    Paul

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

DIY BMCL's

Quote Originally Posted by eXile  View Original Post
    I just moved the attachment points from the front of the harness to the back just behind the hips. Best thing I ever did to my inspo. WOB was much more comfortable for me and the clutter free chest was awesome. Lungs now sit firmly up the backside of the ribcage. If you need pics let me know and I'll take some for you.

HTH,
    Paul
    Hi Paul, where do the T Peices sit, same as with round the front?

Cheers
    Dave

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Cool Re: DIY BMCL's

Hi, can you post some pictures of how you arranged your BMCL?

Paul Daniels eXile is on a distinguished road eXile is on a distinguished road eXile's Avatar
    Davis Station, Antarctica(Usually Jervis Bay, Australia)
    Ouroboros #107

Classic Inspo, Ray, Homebuild

T pieces sit in the same vertical orientation just a bit further back. I'll get some photos and put them up later

Vision

Quote Originally Posted by eXile  View Original Post
    T pieces sit in the same vertical orientation just a bit further back. I'll get some photos and put them up later
    Would be much appreciated if you could.

Wreck Ferret in training Garspeed is on a distinguished road Garspeed is on a distinguished road Garspeed's Avatar
    JJ

Have a look at my old thread "Garspeed's Inspo Vision" here...

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=44929

Lots of info on making rear lungs from standard front ones included

Hope this helps
    Gar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast