+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zillah, Lake Superior

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Zillah, Lake Superior

Here is a short video clip of the Zillah. She sits at the bottom of Whitefish Bay, Lake Superior in 230 ffw and doesn't see many visitors, but is a really nice dive. It's not great video, but since there is really very little available on the Zillah I thought I would post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmM5qUvPE_U

RBW Member MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb's Avatar
    KISS

Zillah, Lake Superior

Looked like a real nice dive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RBW Member Dave0 is an unknown quantity at this point Dave0's Avatar
    MEG

Re: Zillah, Lake Superior

Nice !

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Great video Dab!!

At time 3:26 you have "Pump by Engine" It's actually a "Reciprocating Steam Generator" These were quite common for their time and although by today's standards are quite small they could quite adequately power the ship :)

Regards,

Lance

Pic of a similar Generator
    2013_10_15_5006RS.jpg

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Thanks Lance, I appreciate the clarification

+ Reply to Thread