+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Query re Truk

RBW Member MIKE-H is an unknown quantity at this point MIKE-H's Avatar
    POSEIDON MK6

Query re Truk

Three of us visiting Truk May this year. Two Poseidon MK6 divers and one OC diver. Does anyone have any information about availability of Poseidon pre-packed scrubber cartridges at Truk ? Best wishes to all. Mike-H.

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Re: Query re Truk

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE-H  View Original Post
    Three of us visiting Truk May this year. Two Poseidon MK6 divers and one OC diver. Does anyone have any information about availability of Poseidon pre-packed scrubber cartridges at Truk ? Best wishes to all. Mike-H.
    I'd be shocked. it's pretty rudimentary out there.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Get a repackable scrubber. Pretty sure they don't have the 79 prepacked. But they might be able to provide if you preorder them. But I guess it will be to a high price due to the location.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

I don't know of any operators having EACs or prepacked cartridges there. Most divers and tour operators send their own so you might have to look into sending what you need before you head over yourself.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member mike0396 is an unknown quantity at this point mike0396's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Discovery MKVI

I took my MKVI there last year. No pre-pacs available. Take a TecMe would be my advice. Sending pre-pacs ahead of time will be expensive and unreliable. If you do send ahead, send at least 3 months before time and check with Truk Stop or Blue Lagoon which courier to use. I think it is DHL that services Micronesia but could be wrong.

Mike

RBW Member MIKE-H is an unknown quantity at this point MIKE-H's Avatar
    POSEIDON MK6

Many thanks to all. Mike0396. Lancer 4545 . Jeppe E. Aainslie. Oh well. Being an impoverished Brit cannot afford airfreight. Will have to use my Tecme packable scrubber. I shall have to break open all my used Poseidon pre-packed units to recover the end filters which will fit. Again many thanks lads. Mike-H.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

You can always use the Postal Service. Truk or Chuuk has a US postcode and the postal service is slow but works. It usually take 3 weeks from Australia to get there but it does get there.

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

Contact Captain Lance Higgs on the Thorfinn. Likely he will/could have some available. Great liveaboard as well, will be my choice when I visit next, for certain. Hands down.

+ Reply to Thread