+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Re: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalDiver  View Original Post
    ...micro beasts live on soda lime? really?

Nono.. you misread.. They live in the loop. But they feast whenever the diver puts lime in...

That is also the main reason to why you should never overexert a scrubber, because if you do, the micro beasts gets really upset, since there is no more fresh lime to feast on.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Talking Re: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thornton  View Original Post
    Just curious where you came up with "planet kolob"? interesting reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not strange at all...

"Kolob is a star or planet described in Mormon scripture. Reference to Kolob is found in the Book of Abraham, a work that is traditionally held by adherents of the Mormon faith as having been translated from an Egyptian papyrus scroll by Joseph Smith, the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement. According to this work, Kolob is the heavenly body nearest to the throne of God. While the Book of Abraham refers to Kolob as a "star",[1] it also refers to planets as stars,[2] and therefore, some LDS commentators consider Kolob to be a planet.[3] The idea also appears in LDS culture, including a reference to Kolob in an LDS hymn.[4]
    "

As you can see, there is a clear reference to you Local Dive Shop...

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thornton  View Original Post
    Just curious where you came up with "planet kolob"? interesting reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahaha! you spotted it :)

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by dragerdiver  View Original Post
    It comes down to what your comfortable with, If its is unused(Meaning you didn't even pre-breath or positive pressure test the scrubber), and your diving in a couple of weeks no problem. Seal it up, put it back in the tub if your not going to use it for a while.
    Interesting Lee. What leads you to conclude that a positive pressure test will affect the sorb?

Ive heard the pre-breathe claim before - but I don't believe it to be honest. a 5 minute breathe at 1ATA in stable air temps that gets the top of the sorb a bit warm isn't going to degrade the scrubber or alter its efficiency over time.

In anesthesia, those machines are breathed off and sometimes left for a month before being used again. According to the docs I have taught, theres no requirement for them to treat it any differently.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBrown  View Original Post
    Interesting Lee. What leads you to conclude that a positive pressure test will affect the sorb?

Ive heard the pre-breathe claim before - but I don't believe it to be honest. a 5 minute breathe at 1ATA in stable air temps that gets the top of the sorb a bit warm isn't going to degrade the scrubber or alter its efficiency over time.

In anesthesia, those machines are breathed off and sometimes left for a month before being used again. According to the docs I have taught, theres no requirement for them to treat it any differently.
    I adressed it already and received no answer, so I have doubt that you will receive one ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Are you suggesting the same would be not viable when in fact it had been prebreathed or Pos test had been done ?
    A pos test will affect the scrubber as a prebreath will.. Not really in terms of using it much, so to store undisturbed is a non issue, hoever if you brebreathed and to be on the safe side already if you Pos tested I would suggest not to fill it back in the canister..

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

5 pages on this??!!

Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Talking Re: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    5 pages on this??!!
    We are far from done yet....

There are still some sub topics that hasn't been touched yet...

Like those who claims that if you have partially used it, dont use it on a later dive...

14 April: Dive 1 - 60 min to 30m
    20 May: Dive 2 - 60 min to 20m
    14 May: Dive 3 - 45 min to 20m

Just keeping the green micro beasts from the planet kolob happy...
    Last edited by Jeppe_E; 10th March 2014 at 14:26.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    5 pages on this??!!
    You should be used to this by now..
    Any thread on sorb usage tends to get blown up...

And it is always the same and never anything new is added, that's why I suggested the search function..

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

I used mine for 40minutes then I left the mouthpiece open all for 3days by accident- is it okay to use in 23days time for 1hr and 16minutes.

Exact answers only please, thankyou.

rEvo III rms

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    I used mine for 40minutes then I left the mouthpiece open all for 3days by accident- is it okay to use in 23days time for 1hr and 16minutes.

Exact answers only please, thankyou.

Difficult to judge..
    If you would have asked for use in 22 days and 1hr and 15minutes, the answer yould have been easy.. but what you are asking is tricky ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast