+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Re: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBrown  View Original Post
    Sod it…. Lets push for 31 days. Unused sorb in a clean dry rebreather with the DSV shut. :)

What about month of Feb then? Would it be okay to use it on March 3:rd?
    What if it is a leap year... would that be okay to use until March 2:nd?

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe_E  View Original Post
    What about month of Feb then? Would it be okay to use it on March 3:rd?
    What if it is a leap year... would that be okay to use until March 2:nd?
    no idea. better ask the Leprechaun or the fairy.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Talking Re: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBrown  View Original Post
    no idea. better ask the Leprechaun or the fairy.

I thought I just did!

Lee Thompson dragerdiver is an unknown quantity at this point dragerdiver's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Dolphin, Ray

It comes down to what your comfortable with, If its is unused(Meaning you didn't even pre-breath or positive pressure test the scrubber), and your diving in a couple of weeks no problem. Seal it up, put it back in the tub if your not going to use it for a while.

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Does anybody know if it is legal to collect rent from the green micro beasts living in my canister or its a rent control thing where they're pretty much freeloaders?

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJN  View Original Post
    Does anybody know if it is legal to collect rent from the green micro beasts living in my canister or its a rent control thing where they're pretty much freeloaders?
    If they are pregnant or disabled they get to stay for free at your expense.

Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Talking Re: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJN  View Original Post
    Well, since they are aliens, first you need to check for their green card, since you are US based. If they have not, please be aware that you might get slapped by US immigration for housing illegal aliens on US soil.

Personally, I just let them go on with their business, I feed them with a white powder and once or twice a month and give them a proper bath.

(This thread should really be moved to the SI section, but then again, here are some really good tips in this thread on what to do.)

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: Canceled dive, what to do with untouch sorb?

Quote Originally Posted by thetrickster  View Original Post
    Remove the canister as a whole, put it in a sealed bag / box.
    Store away from direct sunlight (just like you would the 20kg keg)

Use next time you go diving, be it next week, next month or next xmas (as long as its in date).
    +1

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Welllll, let's do the math... (that particular phrase makes my dive buddie's head hurt )

If I can leave a half used up scrubber for 3 to 4 weeks (hermetically sealed, of course, in a unit specific twice sterilized specialized 'sorb preservation container only available from mfg approved suppliers) before using the other half on a somewhat less challenging dive, then shouldn't I be able be able to leave a totally unused scrubber in a half as many times sterilized container for twice the time?? That of course requires that the container, when sealed, is reopened for said re-use at the same time of day at which it was previously sealed. The only serious limitation is that if sealed on an odd day of the month then must be reopened on an even day. Works for me!!!

Seriously-

Unused? Double bag it. Tag it. Use it for the next dive or pitch it at the end of the season.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I have no chemistry training beyond High School but I have never heard a single compelling argument for throwing out unused sorb, or even partially used sorb between dives. The chemicals are inactive when not exposed to CO2 and even the minuscule amounts found in our atmosphere (Al Gore notwithstanding) has minimal affect of the sorb.
    Keep is in a sealed container and use it whenever you want for whatever time is remaining on it. Mark the used time well so there is no mistake that will lead to overuse and ......
    DO NOT REMOVE THEN REPLACE PARTIALLY USED SORB IN A SCRUBBER!!!!

Once the sorb has had any use it must remain in the scrubber to prevent redistribution of the partially used material.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast