+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reputation - rule adjustment

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Reputation - rule adjustment

As stated in one of the other therads, I just came back from a week of diving..
    A lot happens on a forum in a week..
    So I am reading therads and am giving green to statements I like.

... Hold on..
    I tried to give green to statements I liked..
    This was possible exactly 2 times..
    Then I get a message: You have given too much reputtation within the last 24 hrs..

I surely understand where this is coming from..
    But I think it is not the right way to deal with it..
    If there is a "daily rep dose limit" certaintly 2 greens is not enough..
    Generally I think however any limit will be inadequate..
    There could be heated discussions within a short timeframe where you actually want to approve stuff more frequently and they would deserve it..
    Or lilke it happened to me.. you could have been away for a while for various reasons and you want to catch up with things..
    Should you the be prevented from approving posts by rep just because you have been diving? At least you should get a chance to make up for the time me thinks..

Maybe a weekly or monthly limit could do the trick?

I don't know.. The aim is clear.. It is to prevent manipulation of rep in a short timeframe..
    But at this point it is impacting the system and the sense of the system as such..\With a limit of 2 reps a day it would even be better to shut it off at all..

What do you think?
    Maybe we can have a useful discusion about that as it is for the most part in the moderation thread?

New Member Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell's Avatar

Re: Reputation - rule adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Maybe we can have a useful discusion about that as it is for the most part in the moderation thread?
    I completely agree. There are people that I never seem to be able to give positive reputation to these days. Even when I have given them none for ages.

Simon M

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

I can see where you are coming from.

I'm glad you understand how all of this came about. Its not about handing out too many positive points. It was due to some slamming of negative reputation points and we had to do something. Maybe we need to find some middle ground now that things have settled down.

We have a management meeting on Sunday and we will take note of your suggestions.

Thanks for your input.

New Member Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post

We have a management meeting on Sunday and we will take note of your suggestions.

Thanks for your input.
    Thanks Peter.

Havin Fun Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C's Avatar
    rEvo III micro RMS

rEvo III mini, Optima

The daily number of times you can give reputation points has been increased to 15.
    Kristi Cunningham

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi C  View Original Post
    The daily number of times you can give reputation points has been increased to 15.
    Great thanks..
    That should be enough ;)

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

I'll try not to take too much advantage of that... :)
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by aainslie  View Original Post
    I'll try not to take too much advantage of that... :)
    Yes, a little self control would be appreciated Andrew. :)

+ Reply to Thread