+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kamloops

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Kamloops

Here is a video clip from the Kamloops, a package freighter that went down in Lake Superior in 1929 off of Isle Royale. She lies on her starboard side with the stern at about 210 and the bow in 260 ffw. This video is from a while back and I'm not very happy with the quality, but you can a lest get a feel for the ship. In my opinion the Kamloops is one of the top 10 dives in the Great Lakes. You can still read the labels of the lifesavers in her holds - pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04bfGuNVzE

RBW Member nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: Kamloops

I'm not a huge fan of diving wrecks that don't sit upright (they mess with my head) but that one looks fantastic. Thanks for the video.

RBW Member s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam's Avatar

Thanks Doug, that brought back a lot of memories. If I can find the time I will post my really old footage of the wreck just after it was found. It is a totally different dive, and I do not know if you have visited the site but the Keystone in the Saint Lawrence is a very similar vessel, if you can find it under the zebra mussels. Also, lying on her side . . .

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    rEvo,Vision,KISS,Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by dab  View Original Post
    Here is a video clip from the Kamloops, a package freighter that went down in Lake Superior in 1929 off of Isle Royale. She lies on her starboard side with the stern at about 210 and the bow in 260 ffw. This video is from a while back and I'm not very happy with the quality, but you can a lest get a feel for the ship. In my opinion the Kamloops is one of the top 10 dives in the Great Lakes. You can still read the labels of the lifesavers in her holds - pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04bfGuNVzE
    It really bring back some very good memories of diving the KamloopsJ You know Kirk and I went through the officers mess and opened the state room door and found another skeleton.

I cannot remember if you were on that trip with us when we made that dive? O/C days!

Nice shot of “whitie” in the engine room;)
    This is one of my all-time favorite wrecks to dive. Someday I am coming back to dive her again.

If you ever want to come and dive the cave in France with me it would be a great pleasure. This year we are planning 6 weeks in France starting Sept.1.

Garry S.

Oh I just finished my last bottle of TC spiced cherry wine on X-mass 2013. It was worth the wait!
    Take care.

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

Good to hear from you Garry - that was a great trip!

Chris Miller undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o's Avatar
    Dolphin (Atlantis)

IDA-71

Quote Originally Posted by s. McWilliam  View Original Post
    Thanks Doug, that brought back a lot of memories. If I can find the time I will post my really old footage of the wreck just after it was found. It is a totally different dive, and I do not know if you have visited the site but the Keystone in the Saint Lawrence is a very similar vessel, if you can find it under the zebra mussels. Also, lying on her side . . .
    Great video and yes it looks very similar to the Keystorm near Mallorytown, ON in the St.Lawrence. Except that the Keystorm is 120-130ft at the stern and probably due to it's accessibility stripped of most of the interesting parts except the captains bathtub (bolted to the floor).

+ Reply to Thread