+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've gone to the (semi) dark side!

RBW Member crpntr133 is an unknown quantity at this point crpntr133's Avatar

I've gone to the (semi) dark side!

I got my GEM training done last month with Doug Ebersole (debersole). All I can say is what a blast. The first couple of dives were a bit of a pain, I expected that. After that all was well. Doug seemed happy and I got my card. Now to change from a wet suit to a dry suit.
    Attached Images

Havin Fun Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C's Avatar
    rEvo III micro RMS

rEvo III mini, Optima

Re: I've gone to the (semi) dark side!

Looking good. Congratulations and enjoy your diving
    Kristi Cunningham

Thanks Kristi. I think this picture was from dive number 4. By that time I was starting to feel comfortable with everything. I still need to practice but with everything, it will come with time.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

I loved my time with Doug. Great Instructor.

I would like to have done pool time but the weather just sucked. The water temps were cold enough for a dry suit. We made it work.

It was nice to do a long 90 dive on 1200 PSI. My days of diving doubles for deco are gone.

Pucks & sharks! hroark2112 is an unknown quantity at this point hroark2112's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit LTE

Kiss Sport, DiveRite O2ptima

Fun diving with you!!

Let me know if you ever get to NC, we'll go ness with the OC divers on the boat :)

Quote Originally Posted by hroark2112  View Original Post
    Fun diving with you!!

Let me know if you ever get to NC, we'll go ness with the OC divers on the boat :)

My bucket list includes diving the Uboat. I know it won't happen this year since I already have my summer booked.

RBW Member tstormdiver is an unknown quantity at this point tstormdiver's Avatar
    Hollis PRISM2

So wally,.... when are we rebreather diving Pennyroyal together this year?

RBW Member dsharp is an unknown quantity at this point dsharp's Avatar
    KISS GEM

Welcome to the semi dark side. I've been diving the GEM for a few years and love the unit. Lots of bottom time and it's a really easy unit to set up. Few moving parts. I have been using 40% Nitrox and find that it is a lot better that using a lower percentage O2. Especially when entering and leaving the water from the shore. Have fun.

+ Reply to Thread