+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dive Systems - Proteus sidemount rebreather

RBW Member David Street is an unknown quantity at this point David Street's Avatar
    Modified Inspiration Vision

Sidemount DS-SM200

Dive Systems - Proteus sidemount rebreather

Hi Everyone,

This is the new thread for the Proteus sidemount rebreather.

I've set up this thread to try and make a clear and clean break from the confusion regarding Submatix.

For those of you that don't know, this isn't a Submatix product.
    The sidemount rebreather that is being shown off at Southern Cross Divers (and being promoted globally) is in fact made by Dive Systems Ltd., a UK company. However, we are using some Submatix components.

Dive Systems was involved with Submatix in some early development work, but then developed it's own smaller, lighter, modular sidemount rebreather. That product is called Proteus.

For those of you that are interested, there is a Dive Systems Facebook group and you are welcome to join it or just take a look at what we're up to.

I will also try to start a new thread within Rebreather World.

Dive Systems is currently building it's website and I'll post the URL as soon as it's up.

I'm currently in Perth, Australia with 3 prototype units. It's all about testing and tweaking the units ahead of the try dive weekends in May 2014.
    We'll be at Southern Cross Divers in Sydney on May 9th & 10th, and then on to Dolphin Scuba in Perth on May 16th.

There will be other try dive weekends planned in South Africa and Malta in the months ahead and I look forward to meeting you and listening to the feedback.

I will post the link to the Dive Systems thread as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    David

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Re: Dive Systems - Proteus sidemount rebreather

Looks great, David - obviously a fair bit of thought and work gone into it and a tidy looking bit of kit.

If we want to have a tinker in Perth, best to approach you or annoy Callum?

RBW Member 1Digger is an unknown quantity at this point 1Digger's Avatar
    mini Quantum, 100, Proteus

Following on from the success in Sydney we are please to announce free rebreather try dives at Riverton pool in the Bommie pool from 1200 To 1500 Sunday 19 May 2014.

Apologies for the late notice but where due to unforeseen circumstances.

Riverton pool is located on the corner of Riley and High Roads, Riverton, Perth W.A.

As Baz said "It will be well worth the effort of just rocking up to see, touch and even dive some really nice pieces of kit."

Dave Street from “Dive Systems” will run all and sundry through the Submatix CCR's and what has now morphed into the new “Proteus” range of side mount and gas extender

The Dive Systems Proteus and is available in three versions, Proteus Gas Extender (GE), Proteus Bail out Breather (BOB) and Proteus Explorer. The details are shown below.

Big thank you to SXD for all their support and interst shown.

You can follow us on Face book through “Dive Sytems UK”

RBW Member Jon Wright is an unknown quantity at this point Jon Wright's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by David Street  View Original Post
    Hi Everyone,

This is the new thread for the Proteus sidemount rebreather.

I've set up this thread to try and make a clear and clean break from the confusion regarding Submatix.

For those of you that don't know, this isn't a Submatix product.
    The sidemount rebreather that is being shown off at Southern Cross Divers (and being promoted globally) is in fact made by Dive Systems Ltd., a UK company. However, we are using some Submatix components.

Dive Systems was involved with Submatix in some early development work, but then developed it's own smaller, lighter, modular sidemount rebreather. That product is called Proteus.

For those of you that are interested, there is a Dive Systems Facebook group and you are welcome to join it or just take a look at what we're up to.

I will also try to start a new thread within Rebreather World.

Dive Systems is currently building it's website and I'll post the URL as soon as it's up.

I'm currently in Perth, Australia with 3 prototype units. It's all about testing and tweaking the units ahead of the try dive weekends in May 2014.
    We'll be at Southern Cross Divers in Sydney on May 9th & 10th, and then on to Dolphin Scuba in Perth on May 16th.

There will be other try dive weekends planned in South Africa and Malta in the months ahead and I look forward to meeting you and listening to the feedback.

I will post the link to the Dive Systems thread as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    David
    When might we see these in South Africa?
    Thanks.
    Jon

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Had a chance to try dive the GE (Minimus) and expedition (Maximus) units yesterday, thanks again guys.

They were pretty clean, simple and easy units to dive. WOB extremely dependent on where the thing hangs off your harness, but this is some nice instant feedback on your gear's positioning and trim and when it was right, the WOB was just fine. Tidy layout, looked easy to recover from partial floods. Not a great deal of practice would be required to get used to the layout of instruments and controls, I suspect.

Nice going, gents!

RBW Member 1Digger is an unknown quantity at this point 1Digger's Avatar
    mini Quantum, 100, Proteus

A big "Thank you" to everyone who came along to the pool session yesterday.
    We had a great time showing off Proteus and it was pleasure to have the opportunity to explain the unit and watch other divers having some fun with it.

I look forward to catching up with you all again sometime soon.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

It has been 2 years since this thread was started to introduce the Proteus. It will now be making its USA premier at Beneath the Sea next weekend and will also be at TekDiveUSA in late April. Come see it in both sidemount and backmount forms.

Beneath the Sea, April 1-3, Booth 308.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

+ Reply to Thread