+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii ..

NC Divers Bob B is an unknown quantity at this point Bob B's Avatar
    Kiss Classic

RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii ..

I'll be heading to O'ahu in mid may and would love do some cool dives.. Any RB friendly ops on O'ahu. Any tips on flying my KISS would be helpful too.. Any sites that are a must dive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: RB diving in O'ahu Hawaii ..

Try sending out a PM to: chunter

Go to the top header bar under search.

Then type chunter under advanced member search.

He will point you in the right direction and is very knowledgeable.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Kiss Classic

Thx..I just sent a message..

Dive Junkie Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver will become famous soon enough Husker diver's Avatar
    Inspo w/Deep Pursuit head:)

I've done a lot of rebreather diving on that island and would highly recommed chunter and his buddy that he'll recommend. My advice is to be careful, there are some high pressure used car salesmen on there that also support rebreathers but isn't worth working with.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Bob,

There's also another guy that you can contact here on the site. He lives in Oahu, I had some back-and-forth PMs go on with him at one time.

He goes by the name of: pensacoladiver

Not sure exactly what kind diving you want to do their, I did a Corsair plane wreck at 100 feet, pretty much basic and recreational.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Kiss Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Husker diver  View Original Post
    I've done a lot of rebreather diving on that island and would highly recommed chunter and his buddy that he'll recommend. My advice is to be careful, there are some high pressure used car salesmen on there that also support rebreathers but isn't worth working with.
    I have talked to a couple of those already...

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by Bob B  View Original Post
    I'll be heading to O'ahu in mid may and would love do some cool dives.. Any Rebreather friendly ops on O'ahu. Any tips on flying my KISS would be helpful too.. Any sites that are a must dive?

When I was there, I found the west end to have the most diverse diving, although the "Barge" and "Fantasy Reef" where great dives to the south. I really enjoyed diving the Makaha area up to the north. The lava tubes and caverns where real fun, loads of white-tips. If you are looking at doing some shore diving we enjoyed Sharks cove, a bit touristy but still a great dive up around the North Shore. Check out the link below if you what to see pictures.

Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Oahu, Hawaiian Islands

We didn't take our rebreathers, just did OC diving and that was great. Stay away from the "catamaran cattle boats" loads of tourists that either haven't been diving before or like to dive in less than 40fsw. They go out to the "pipe" a few hundred feet off shore and do 2-3 dives there. Do some research before you go, you'll be glad you did.

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    When I was there, I found the west end to have the most diverse diving, although the "Barge" and "Fantasy Reef" where great dives to the south. I really enjoyed diving the Makaha area up to the north. The lava tubes and caverns where real fun, loads of white-tips. If you are looking at doing some shore diving we enjoyed Sharks cove, a bit touristy but still a great dive up around the North Shore. Check out the link below if you what to see pictures.

We didn't take our rebreathers, just did OC diving and that was great. Stay away from the "catamaran cattle boats" loads of tourists that either haven't been diving before or like to dive in less than 40fsw. They go out to the "pipe" a few hundred feet off shore and do 2-3 dives there. Do some research before you go, you'll be glad you did.
    Nice little chart. Thanks for posting.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Kiss Classic

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post

Thanks for the info.. the site page is nice resource..

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Hi Bob,

There's also another guy that you can contact here on the site. He lives in Oahu, I had some back-and-forth PMs go on with him at one time.

He goes by the name of: pensacoladiver

Chads a good guy, if you cant reach him, lemme know and I'll help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast