+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any experience with an appraisal of your dive gear?

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Re: Any experience with an appraisal of your dive gear?

Quote Originally Posted by w ripley  View Original Post
    This is a good question. I know I've thought about how my wife would ever figure out what the Rebreather, compressor, bottles, hoses, fins, etc. accumulated over the last 20 years would cost should something happen to me. Even bigger problem: How is she ever going to sell it if she doesn't know what it is, much less what it is worth?

I had given her the names of a couple of dive buddies who might be able to help but this thread has made me think that she might be better off just hiring one of the owners of one of our local dive shops to come in and tag everything + give her an itemized list with estimated values.
    Ditto, I've listed some trusted Dive buddies to value and if willing assist in selling my kit should the need arise, people I trust to get a fair price.

To the OP, why not get a second opinion? I'd be surprised if the total value will be much different, you LDS owner could probably do it if you don't have anything too specialized.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

id get joe to value the wifes shoe,s handbags and face paint , and set that off against the dive kit

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

The test of any appraisal being over or under valued is how willing the appraiser is to buy it from you at that value.

Supporting Member Kydaka is an unknown quantity at this point Kydaka's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hCCR

Kiss GEM

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Someone posted a response on CDF that I'm adopting.

The tech diver's prayer: "Oh Lord, if I should die, please don't let my wife sell my dive gear for what I told her I paid for it."
    That Sir is hilarious!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2