+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is manual Dil really neccessary

RBW Member pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs's Avatar
    Drager Ray

Homebuild deathtrap

Is manual Dil really neccessary

Hi all. Just wondering about removing my manual Dil. I dive a converted ccr Ray. It has a draeger dosage unit as an adv and I almost never use the manual dil inject. The manual is a hanging addition button that feeds into the same inject port as my o2 in the bottom of my ray scrubber It just seems to be a load of bits that might fail with little benefit.
    Can anyone offer some sage advice either way ?

Chris

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Is manual Dil really neccessary

Quote Originally Posted by pegcjs  View Original Post
    Hi all. Just wondering about removing my manual Dil. I dive a converted ccr Ray. It has a draeger dosage unit as an adv and I almost never use the manual dil inject. The manual is a hanging addition button that feeds into the same inject port as my o2 in the bottom of my ray scrubber It just seems to be a load of bits that might fail with little benefit.

Chris

There are lots of RBs that don't have manual dil add. I even had one that I used the BOV because the ADV was hard to get a good draw through but I say why have stuff on your RB you don't use.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member atedeschi is an unknown quantity at this point atedeschi's Avatar
    Kiss Classic & Sidekick CCR

revo Hybrid, Golem Flex

No it's not, but some people like using it over an ADV and some like it better for doing DIL flushes instead of using the BOV. I think it's preference and I personally don't dive with one.

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

I find that doing a dill flush from the ADV is just plain PT... Much prefer pulling a hard flush from a manual add valve....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

I am too lazy (cheap) to add one but I really would prefer to have a manual dil addition on my KISS. When you glance down on a descent and the cells read 1.8 (oops) you definitely would prefer to flush it down rather than breathe it in to blow it out

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Or.... You could just drill a larger hole in the ADV cap so you can push your finger in there for a manual add.

Quote Originally Posted by pegcjs  View Original Post

Chris

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

I never really used my DIL MAV until I removed my BOV.

I think you need at least one of them. If you are happy to dive with out a BOV then keep your MAV.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

I have a BOV. I have an ADV. But to do a dil flush quickly or verify cells, I use my dil MAV. I just find it easier and faster.

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs's Avatar
    Drager Ray

Homebuild deathtrap

Many thanks for all this advice. Alas I cant drill out the cap on my dosage unit as its mounted on my back...
    Sounds as though losing my mav wouldnt be unusual and would save me some hoses. I do dil flush using the adv anyway as its hands free that way.

Best regards abd thanks again

Chris

+ Reply to Thread