+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Reaching out to owners of a DiveRite Arrow

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Re: Reaching out to owners of a DiveRite Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Danyboy  View Original Post
    So in other words to see whether I understand right, one battery's red and black goes into the upper two terminals (red and black respectively), and ther battery's red and black go into the lower two terminals (red and black respectively as well), correct?

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5210 mit Tapatalk
    Yes.

RBW Member Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery

In that case, I have only one question left:
    What is the voltage of each battery? 12V or 24V?

This is just to rule out, whether the wiring of the batteries are handled in series or parallel by the electronics.

THANKS A LOT for your help!!!

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danyboy  View Original Post
    in that case, i have only one question left:
    What is the voltage of each battery? 12v or 24v?

This is just to rule out, whether the wiring of the batteries are handled in series or parallel by the electronics.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
    24v

RBW Member ssk is an unknown quantity at this point ssk's Avatar
    Dolphin, Meg 2.7 Shearwater

LAR VI, Fenzy PO68, Homebuilt

Dear Dany,
    as far as I know lead battery version and NiMh version of the Arrow have the same electronics.

The voltage that has to arrive to the electronic is 24V. the two red connector lines are in parallel and the black connectors one as well.

My interpretation of this solution is to improve the global wire section of the feeding lines and prevent high discharge period issues.

What ever kind of battery package you are going to buid (Lead/NimH/ LiFePo), it's just necessary that at the end of the story you have a voltage closer to 24V and that you bring this voltage with two positive lines and two negative lines to the Anderson Connector.

If you open the speed controller box you will see that the two red lines are connected on a common bus bar and the two black on another one.

Hoping this help,
    D.

RBW Member Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy will become famous soon enough Danyboy's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery

Thumbs up Re: Reaching out to owners of a DiveRite Arrow

D.,

This is awesome and straight to the point of which I wanted to know...! :)

!THANKS!

At least one thing sorted for sure... :)

Now the only thing left is the physical size of the three versions...

Can anyone report the length of the hull on an original lead-acid-version?
    I am somewhat worried that if the lead-acid came with a longer hull, than my unit will be hopelessly overweighted with the batteries I already acquired...

Cheers,
    Dany
    Last edited by Danyboy; 6th February 2014 at 20:56.

D.,

This is awesome and straight to the point of which I wanted to know...! :)

!THANKS!

At least one thing sorted for sure... :)

Now the only thing left is the physical size of the three versions...

Can anyone report the length of the hull on an original lead-acid-version?
    I am somewhat worried that if the lead-acid came with a longer hull, than my unit will be hopelessly overweighted with the batteries I already acquired...

Cheers,
    Dany
    Cave and Wreck Version had the same size, just the batteries were different.
    Nad

Poseidon Discovery

Thanks Nad!

The pieces are getting more and more together... :)

If the hull was the same though, how did they manage to get two 18Ah inside...?
    Anyone having a picture of an installed battery-pack...?
    What did the installation which held the batteries in place look like?

Cheers, Dany

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Darwin mCCR, MK15, Hobo, Flex

Reaching out to owners of a DiveRite Arrow

Thanks Nad!

The pieces are getting more and more together... :)

If the hull was the same though, how did they manage to get two 18Ah inside...?
    Anyone having a picture of an installed battery-pack...?
    What did the installation which held the batteries in place look like?

Cheers, Dany

Hi Dany,
    My old pack looked like that:

The new ones I got is 20Ah each.
    You can get any motorcycle type lead acid battery's or even lipos as long as they the same size as pc680 which is (H x W x L) 6.66 x 3.11 x 7.27. I use black electrical m3 tape to hold them together.
    Hope that helps. Nick

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Darwin mCCR, MK15, Hobo, Flex

Reaching out to owners of a DiveRite Arrow

Also, forgot to mention, make sure you use sealed dry cell battery's ! With regular acid battery's you will need to use catalyst to absorb hydrogen which produced during charging and a little during normal operation. Plus reg acid battery's constantly leak and will eat your aluminum housing pretty quick.

Poseidon Discovery

Wow, and another load of infos... :)

I am a big fan of sealed ones anyway, as they're also more or less tolerant to their orientation during operation, with regulars you really need to make sure about using them only upright...

The batteries I have are also each 12V/20Ah, SLA-AGM-type.
    Sizing is 181mm in length, 77mm in width and 167mm in height... I guess that translates to (H x W x L) 6.575" x 3.031" x 7.126"... Smaller than yours...
    Are you able to perhaps take a picture or two so I can see what it looks like inside your hull...?
    That would be really great!
    I thought of some installation on my own, but I definitely would like to have a look at the original as that solution might save me some weight...

Cheers,
    Dany

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast