+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mouthpiece options?

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Re: Mouthpiece options?

Same here. Threw away the 4 and went back to one of my older clear ones. I think it is a 2. They 4 went on like a piece of cake, but chewed up my gums.

If you glue them on, be sure to check the air way and clean out any silicone that gets in there.
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

RBW Member Chris_H is an unknown quantity at this point Chris_H's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I just added a little RTV to the clear Sea Cure. I made no attempt to mold it to the BOV, but it rarely leaked prior to the RTV. I just need to dive more so I know that it works.

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

I never glued my Seacures to BOV. Just Zip-tied. Never had problems with leaking.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Mouthpiece options?

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    I never glued my Seacures to BOV. Just Zip-tied. Never had problems with leaking.

It's the red lock tite.

Pfft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KISS Classic

I used the slightly less permanent Loctite Blue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post
    It's the red lock tite.

Pfft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member JoyBG is an unknown quantity at this point JoyBG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDiver  View Original Post
    And you tell me this after I just came in from my shop glueing the Seacure on. In all seriousness Mark it sounds like you had the same trouble I had with mine, gums too sore for me to eat for awhile. If this doesn't work out I do still have one of the older Seacure 2 that I used prior to purchasing the new 4.
    And If this rain doesn't let up soon so I can go diving I may not need a Seacure mouthpiece anyway, be too old and won't have any teeth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm a little late responding to this post, but I work for SeaCure and am concerned about the comments about the new X Type mouthpiece causing sore gums. I can think of several possible solutions to the problem, but I need more information to make a suggestion. So, if anyone is having an issue with that, please send me an e-mail - joyce@seacure1.com and we'll see if we can fix the problem.

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

It's a terrible product, and you should stop making it. I had to go back to a II, even though I have to stretch it to fit the mouthpiece on my Shirmp.

You guys need to do some product testing.
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

Helium is addictive! Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman's Avatar

Choose wisely!

Your mouthpiece affects the WOB, this is something that is easy to forget. There was a thread about this a few years ago but I am to lazy to search for it. I would recommend Divex "Lars" or the Poseidon mouthpiece.

KISS Classic

This is an old thread, but I figured this was a good place to post this. I think I put Cooper hoses on my KISS Classic in 2009. Since then, I've had a variety of mouthpieces on an Original Golem BOV and more recently a Shrimp. Seacure, Drager, JJ/Dive-X, and others too. I often got water in the loop which lead to gurgling, and I wasn't overly satisfied with any of them.
    A few weeks ago I found somebody selling some rEvo hose weights. I installed them and went for a couple of dives 75 and 80ish minutes in 42° water. I used a generic mouthpiece that I've been using for a few dives without major issues. The difference the weights made was remarkable! I had nary a drop of water in my loop, and felt a bunch more in control of loop of that makes any sense. Hopefully this helps somebody else too. YMMV.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    Jake,

Is this the same that comes with the Shrimp? Ive Never glued either and only put 1 zip tie on since i got it, i believe it was the same as the Vario? Well if it is, I never had to either.. food for thought

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3