+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glueing Deirin

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

Glueing Deirin

What is a good adhesive too glue 1/4" thick Deirin edges together to form a small box?
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Re: Glueing Deirin

reltec adhesives

RBW Member Kitcarson is an unknown quantity at this point Kitcarson's Avatar
    Meg

would that glue also work for glueing rubber to plastic for in water use?

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDiver  View Original Post
    What is a good adhesive too glue 1/4" thick Deirin edges together to form a small box?
    Thanks in advance.
    Gluing Delrin (acetal) is hard to do. Unless you have a compelling reason to use it, I would choose a different material (e.g. PVC).

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Agreed. Delrin is difficult to glue reliably, especially if the surfaces to be joined are small.

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

It seems that the depth sensor in the SW computer is also glued in. I would love to know what glue they use to do the job.
    Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

sent from my Commodore 64 using Wizard of War....

Bob Sweeney bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

KISS Classic

I believe the depth sensor in the SW uses a potting compound to hold the depth sensor in place. I have used some 3M potting compounds in delrin that work very well. I don't know off hand what one I used but it is a 2 part epoxy that is available through McMaster Carr.

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

Glueing Deirin

Thanks for all the information on glueing Deirin. What I had was a small project. Too cold to go diving even for S.Georgia, N. Florida so I got the bright idea to make a small box, (pouch) to put my Rev D handset in. DiveRite made one that I used for the C but the D being larger will not fit, and I could not talk Lamar into making a larger version. Once finished and tested I'll post if it works.

Hammerhead Hybrid

Glueing Deirin

Quote Originally Posted by jont  View Original Post
    For what purpose? stowing one while diving? or surface protection?

N Florida will be great this week.

I stow one of the handsets when diving. Not being a large person my fore arms are limited and having three cables to wrap around the arms is a bit too much. Primary, secondary and light. And yes this weekend is looking good. May try to get a dive in before the Super Bowl.

Hammerhead Hybrid

Glueing Deirin

As promise here is what I made out of some small scrap pieces of derin. As you can see from the first picture the D is a lot larger than the C so stowing it works best for me but I had to be able to retrieve and stow with one hand. Worked great on a quick dive this pass Sat. And thanks for the replies on glueing, with that information I went with screws.

+ Reply to Thread