+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scapa Flow

RBW Member hitekdivr is an unknown quantity at this point hitekdivr's Avatar
    Optima FX

Scapa Flow

Planning a trip to Scapa Flow, any recommendations on what dive shop/boat to go with?

Bob

Supporting Member lievenb is an unknown quantity at this point lievenb's Avatar
    SF-2

Prism2, Explorer, rEvoIII

Scapa Flow

In July, we're going for the third time. We've always booked the Invincible and have been pretty satisfied with it.
    If you contact him, give Ian my regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Scapa Flow

Hands down Radiant Queen charters. Rebreather diver friendly, boosted O2 and helium. Owners are meg divers. The skipper is a lovely woman who cooks and bakes the greatest meals. They have a very well kept and comfortable lodge just a few steps from the dock so you don't have to sleep on a dingy damp old boat while you are there.
    I have been there 3 times and would go back in a heartbeat if I could get another group together.
    Last edited by wedivebc; 27th January 2014 at 00:36.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

they're all pretty good.
    there are 2 dive shops in Stromness, and if you need it Ben's drysuit repair service is legendary.Drop the suit off after you dock and it'll be dried, repaired and back on the boat waiting for you the next morning!

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by lievenb  View Original Post
    In July, we're going for the third time. We've always booked the Invincible and have been pretty satisfied with it.
    If you contact him, give Ian my regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote this 100%.
    Ian and Fiona will take good care of you and the Boat is really Top!!

Nad

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    they're all pretty good.
    I wouldn't go that far... some are tired and due an overhaul (to be kind), others who've received more/better maintenance are very good- that said all will get you out to the famous wrecks (not a huge challenge to be fair) but if you want to leave the flow you might want to choose more carefully

Probably better to choose based on the accommodation and food, with agreement all can supply CCR divers in my experience.

Valkyrie is rather highly regarded.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    I wouldn't go that far... some are tired and due an overhaul (to be kind), others who've received more/better maintenance are very good- that said all will get you out to the famous wrecks (not a huge challenge to be fair) but if you want to leave the flow you might want to choose more carefully

Probably better to choose based on the accommodation and food, with agreement all can supply CCR divers in my experience.

Valkyrie is rather highly regarded.
    Valkyrie would be my boat of choice, but they are not based in Scapa all season, they do the Shetlands for some of it.

Urs or Nounours teddy2005 will become famous soon enough teddy2005 will become famous soon enough teddy2005 will become famous soon enough teddy2005's Avatar
    rEvo III mccr

MKVI

We had two superb weeks (2010 and 2012) with the diving cellar and the John L (daily boat).

RBW Member dab is on a distinguished road dab is on a distinguished road dab's Avatar
    rEvo

Oroborus, GEM

We spent a week on the Valkyrie, 3 of us were CCR divers. Hazel provided sorb for us and we rented 3L bottles from the shop in town. Highly recommend the Valkyrie.

RBW Member Vanny is an unknown quantity at this point Vanny's Avatar
    Inspo vision

Been with radiant queen , very good. Boat, skipper, food, accommodation 2nd to none. Would go back now please !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast