+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Source for Sofnolime 797 in Philippines

RBW Member Renzan is an unknown quantity at this point Renzan's Avatar
    Hollis PRISM 2

Question Source for Sofnolime 797 in Philippines

Hi everyone!

I'm going for a bit of a diving trip in the Philippines in a couple of months and I'm wondering if anybody knows of a good place to buy sofnolime 797 locally in or around Cebu or our first stop Cabilao. I'd rather not bring it on the airplane if at all possible.

Thanks for any tips!

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Re: Source for Sofnolime 797 in Philippines

Hi
    Has been debated a few times...
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=47499 for example
    Jale

RBW Member Renzan is an unknown quantity at this point Renzan's Avatar
    Hollis PRISM 2

Yea, I found that after I posted. Feels like I've called and emailed just about everyone in and around Cebu and Manila, and the only thing that seems to be available is the D-shaped 2.0 - 5.0 mm extrudate. Weird keg sizes too, I'm constantly being quoted 16.8kg though no such size seems to be available from Molecular. Prices vary from 7500 PHP to 19000 PHP a keg...

I guess I'll have to bring my own after all :)

Probably sleeping Dr.Yen is an unknown quantity at this point Dr.Yen's Avatar
    PELAGIAN

If you can find better further out of the area you're diving why not have it put on a bus/ferry/jeepney to where you want it, transportation is cheap. As your first port of call try Evolution on Malapascua, then Captn Greggs and Atlantis in Puerto Galera. There will be other places too, especially in the Subic Bay area. Import charges run crazy high in the Philippines so expect to pay around $15+/kg for lime. I was in the same predicament as you a few months ago and it took me a lot of time to get the right contacts to have sorb in the places I needed it. Good luck in your search!

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

There is a dive shop in Cebu that is called Asia Divers you might want to contact them. When I was looking for sorb I was told to contact them. The shop is more of a distributor for equipment etc.

Bruce

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

Ranzan you can try Simon he has a full CCR work shop, he is in Puerto Galera, Philipines if you let him know ahead of time he can send to you.

You can contact him here : simon@techdiveit.com he is a nice guy will go out of his way for you.

Last edited by trimix1965; 17th February 2014 at 06:53.

+ Reply to Thread