+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sentenil VS JJ ccr

RBW Member kaizer is an unknown quantity at this point kaizer's Avatar
    n/a

Sentenil VS JJ ccr

Hi Me and a friend are into buying CCR`s We are OC divers at the time. We are looking at those two machines Sentenil and the JJ and I wondering which machine we should go for, Can someone help med with Pros and cons?

Thanks!!

Regards Kai

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Re: Sentenil VS JJ ccr

Quote Originally Posted by kaizer  View Original Post
    Hi Me and a friend are into buying CCR`s We are OC divers at the time. We are looking at those two machines Sentenil and the JJ and I wondering which machine we should go for, Can someone help med with Pros and cons?

Thanks!!

Regards Kai
    Given your location- get a JJ.

Firstly its a more suitable rebreather for regular divers wanting to go diving rather than fiddle with buttons . Simple, rugged and adaptable.

Secondly although historically more reliable you will be closer to the manufacturer if/when you need them.

Thirdly- The waters are currently "muddy" regarding the Sentinels future, (do some searches online to see the sordid history)

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

I Agree with Ben, the JJ would be a good choice in your area. I know there is already quite a few JJ divers in Norway already.

Try contacting Jan Ødegaard from Nortechdiving in Kristiansand. He is a dealer and have the logistics and instructor contacts to give you the best possible course you can buy. As a bonus, Jan is a fantastic guy and you will feel welcome in his centre.

Safe diving

Christian

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

JJ without question. Unless a rEvo was on the list too.

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

On paper the Sentinel looks great, in real life.... not so good! Just look at all second hand Sentinels that is priced ridiculous low.

Where in Norway do you live?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Defo the JJ

Sentinal is too prone to breaking down, too big and too much of a hit on S/H resale value

ATB

Mark

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Of the two take the JJ unless you like wearing something the size of a bar fridge on your back!

RBW Member kaizer is an unknown quantity at this point kaizer's Avatar
    n/a

All i have reed say that the sentenil is a really good ccr, that it is big is ok.
    Is it a lot of problems with the sentenil?

Is the jj suited for same type of divings as the sentenil.

@offpro I Live fight outsidere Oslo

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by kaizer  View Original Post
    All i have reed say that the sentenil is a really good ccr, that it is big is ok.
    Is it a lot of problems with the sentenil?

Is the jj suited for same type of divings as the sentenil.

@offpro I Live fight outsidere Oslo

Yes

Both are 100m rated units

Both have been well past 100m

The JJs not perfict but its the best of the present CCR available on the market (IMHO)

I have owned a fair few of them and dived several others and the JJ ticks the boxes in terms of ease of diving reliabuility and transportation.

It could be better at deeling with water ingress, it could be better at ease of cleaning and it is back to base if something goes wrong inside the potted head or controler unit, butr I can live with that because dispite my abuse it has kept on working.

The rEvo is better in some respects, worse in others and it has the RMS system which is impressive

The KISS expedition / sheerwater package is a big favorite of my own but it still needs a few bolt ons

The Vision is a work horse and a bit of a lump to travel with

The Meg is odd in some ways but a well built unit

Thge Hammer head is a lump too but cleverly designed if only I could beleive its now reliable

Sentinal is a big lump and aparently very prown to breaking down

Optima is an odd one again Hammer Head electronics are debious

All in all when I look arround at the competition I still think the JJ it right up there near or at the top.

ATB

Mark

On the fence hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound's Avatar
    KISS / Meg

Saw my first JJ two months ago in NY and it looked awesome. If starting new I would get a JJ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast