+ Reply to Thread

Thread: diving memphis Tenessee

RBW Member jonny51g is an unknown quantity at this point jonny51g's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Exclamation diving memphis Tenessee

Hi,

iīll go for a couple of month to memphis (my job), are there maybe any possibilities to go diving.
    I couldnīt find anything in the i-net, if someone knows more, let me know, please.
    If theirīre any divesideīs iīll take my ccr with me.

thx
    Jo

JJ-CCR

Re: diving memphis Tenessee

No answer!
    Seams to be really nothing.
    True?
    Canīt believe, please answers.

greets
    Jo

RBW Member Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott's Avatar
    FrankenLAR

diving memphis Tenessee

I've not been to Memphis but based on East Tennessee and some brief research, not much in the way of options.
    <br><br>
    In E.TN I know my LDS hits a shallow quarry and a dam for the local option for "OW" dives, but most diving is done in trips to Florida or Bonaire. The dam is an hour drive, the quarry two hours.
    <br><br>
    I found three dive shops in Memphis using Google, only one of which had a listing for "local" dive trips, and those were all trips to Alabama, and the last schedules was in November.
    <br><br>
    The only thing I know in Memphis is "Graceland."
    <br><br>
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Safe travels.
    <br><br>
    Scott

RBW Member outofayr is an unknown quantity at this point outofayr's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

There's Bonne Terre Mine north of Memphis (about an hour south of St. Louis). It's spendy to dive there, but worth at least one trip for the novelty of it. No cave training required at all, but don't expect cheap O2 fills and you'll need to bring your own sorb.

There are also two cave systems in Missouri that are diveable and within easy driving distance of Memphis if you're a trained cave diver. You can also dive Bull Shoals Lake, Table Rock Lake, Beaver Lake or Lake Ouachita in Arkansas - again, within easy driving distance. Probably others as well, but those are the main opportunities.

Have fun,

Brian

JJ-CCR

Guys,

thanks for your replies,
    I really thought their is really nothing. But sorry iīm not cave trained.
    Mostly i dove wrecks of 2nd WW in the eastern sea close to poland.

At first iīll travel without my reb and search around, second time if iīll find something inter. i go diving.
    Thanks for support.

Grz
    Jonny

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by jonny51g  View Original Post
    Hi,

iīll go for a couple of month to memphis (my job), are there maybe any possibilities to go diving.
    I couldnīt find anything in the i-net, if someone knows more, let me know, please.
    If theirīre any divesideīs iīll take my ccr with me.

thx
    Jo
    Memphis is nowhere near the ocean. Closest ocean diving would be the Gulf Coast (down through MS and then over towards FL) or N. and S. Carolina. All would be long drives from Memphis and probably not worth your effort to take your gear, especially if you are traveling international. If you really want to dive, take (or rent) OC gear and hook up with one of the charter boats.

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

There are some good diving quarrys near middle TN.

Pennyroyal Scuba in Hopkinsville KY

Mermett Springs in Metropolis IL

Also in Lebanon TN, Huntsville AL

If you call a Nashville shop they can point you to the local dive locations. Try Island Hopper Scuba 615 712 9354

+ Reply to Thread