+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: kinda cheap video lights

Chris Miller undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o's Avatar
    Dolphin (Atlantis)

IDA-71

Re: kinda cheap video lights

Saw these lenses on a bike light forum - what about trying two of these at 90deg to each other?

Wide Angle Lens for CREE Lupine MagicShine and Gemini Bike and Bicycle Lights | eBay

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    Tom, I got flickering with the Trustfire batts when they were about to die. so far with the 3400 ma Orbitronics batts (Orbitronics.com), I have not seen that, but have not under actual use' run them out to their 1 + 15 burn time.

I use the Trustfire $16 charger, seems to be fine. don't know about stock beam angle at all. the lights were not intended as video lights I am sure.

tomorrow I am going to use all 4 lights on a wreck dive. we shall see the results. btw, I have ordered the glass diffusers, awaiting to experiment with them.
    Hi Swadiver,

I have two lights like yours. Did you ever encounter switch would case functioning? One of my lights remain on low level and does not turn off any more or go to full power and on the second it remain on full power and does not turn off or go to low level - switch not working any more.

Did you have similar problems and if yes how did you solve them?

Igor P
    Last edited by Igor P; 22nd March 2014 at 10:28.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    Hi Swadiver,

I have two lights like yours. Did you ever encounter switch would case functioning? One of my lights remain on low level and does not turn off any more or go to full power and on the second it remain on full power and does not turn off or go to low level - switch not working any more.

Did you have similar problems and if yes how did you solve them?

Igor P
    Igor, so far, no issues with the switches but they have a feel that tells me i won't be surprised if it happens. on the one that stays on, you probably can use the battery cap as an on/off switch.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Igor, so far, no issues with the switches but they have a feel that tells me i won't be surprised if it happens. on the one that stays on, you probably can use the battery cap as an on/off switch.
    Thanks for your answer.

For now I am sending them back for replacement.
    Will see how it goes with replacement when I receive them. If similar troubles with switch are found on replacement to could be I will disassemble one to see what is wrong with the switch.

Igor P
    Last edited by Igor P; 22nd March 2014 at 12:24.

TR300c (mCCR)

Got a replacement in time. Surprised with correctnes of the seller.

How did it went with difusors? Did you try them....

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Igor P; 22nd April 2014 at 10:28.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

I am using them. they helped, but i still feel the need to put an opaque piece in as well. there was and still is, to some degree, a hot spot. but overall, i am pleased with the results, especially at the total cost involved.

RBW Member jeffgerritsen is an unknown quantity at this point jeffgerritsen's Avatar
    Megalodon

Optima

Jeff,
    Good luck with the video lights, and the music on the video adds that "erie" feeling to the wreck - nice work.

These lights do suffer from a hot spot. Have you thought of commercially available lights such as these:

Intova Galaxy Video Dive Light GVL B&H Photo Video

For the lumen output and price it seems to be a reasonable price. I work in a Seattle dive shop and the Intova sales rep came in a demo'ed these lights. Seemed to be a good retail price point and value for the money.

Any thoughts?

TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: kinda cheap video lights

I am using them. they helped, but i still feel the need to put an opaque piece in as well. there was and still is, to some degree, a hot spot. but overall, i am pleased with the results, especially at the total cost involved.
    Where did you get them? Can't surce any here arround....

Thanks,

Igor P

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

I have been using the BigBlue 2500 lumen video lights for a while now and love them. It's a tiny piece of kit - perfect for traveling - that throws a nice, wide, even beam, and the burn time on high is great (90+ minutes). It has a red beam that can be used to model critters and and it comes with a nice ball mount. The price point is sick ($330), especially considering what I spent on my SOLA 1200 lumen lights only a couple years ago! Better yet, the buttons have no depth issues like the sticky SOLA slide switch that drove me nuts below 200'.

Bigblue VTL2500P Rechargeable LED Dive Light VTL2500P B&H Photo

Cheers,
    Mike

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    rEvo,Vision,KISS,Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    I have been using the BigBlue 2500 lumen video lights for a while now and love them. It's a tiny piece of kit - perfect for traveling - that throws a nice, wide, even beam, and the burn time on high is great (90+ minutes). It has a red beam that can be used to model critters and and it comes with a nice ball mount. The price point is sick ($330), especially considering what I spent on my SOLA 1200 lumen lights only a couple years ago! Better yet, the buttons have no depth issues like the sticky SOLA slide switch that drove me nuts below 200'.

Bigblue VTL2500P Rechargeable LED Dive Light VTL2500P B&H Photo

Cheers,
    Mike
    +1 for Bigblue lights!

They are great lights! I started diving these lights when they were first came to the market back in 2011. I now sell them in Switzerland and though-out Europe.
    0- problems and great quality for the money.