+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: kinda cheap video lights

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: kinda cheap video lights

Instead of a diffuser, try removing the internal reflector and moving the LED's closer to the lens. Its a bit of work but will give you a much better result.

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    Instead of a diffuser, try removing the internal reflector and moving the LED's closer to the lens. Its a bit of work but will give you a much better result.
    Packhorse - I know you play around a lot with LED's etc trying to make the perfect dive torch - have you played with this particular model of light before?

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaAl  View Original Post
    "I am going to try glass diffusers designed for MR 11 halogen bulbs next"

I know a guy that used a Pringle lid as a diffuser, opaque I think. Might work depending of dia.

Al

I did try using opaque diffusers. they work but also cut down on the lumens quite a bit.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post

probably won't mess with that

RBW Member TONY CHANEY is an unknown quantity at this point TONY CHANEY's Avatar
    NONE

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaAl  View Original Post
    I know a guy that used a Pringle lid as a diffuser, opaque I think. Might work depending of dia.
    That is what I am using on the 10w HID and was using them on my 21 w HID until I got the video reflector.

RBW Member TONY CHANEY is an unknown quantity at this point TONY CHANEY's Avatar
    NONE

Swadiver, have you had any trouble with flickering due to dimming as the battery charge decreases? I can't seem to fiind their beam degree. Also, what batteries and charger did you go with?

Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by TONY CHANEY  View Original Post
    Swadiver, have you had any trouble with flickering due to dimming as the battery charge decreases? I can't seem to fiind their beam degree. Also, what batteries and charger did you go with?

Tom, I got flickering with the Trustfire batts when they were about to die. so far with the 3400 ma Orbitronics batts (Orbitronics.com), I have not seen that, but have not under actual use' run them out to their 1 + 15 burn time.

I use the Trustfire $16 charger, seems to be fine. don't know about stock beam angle at all. the lights were not intended as video lights I am sure.

tomorrow I am going to use all 4 lights on a wreck dive. we shall see the results. btw, I have ordered the glass diffusers, awaiting to experiment with them.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    Packhorse - I know you play around a lot with LED's etc trying to make the perfect dive torch - have you played with this particular model of light before?

No I have not. But if you send me one I will!

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    rEvo,Vision,KISS,Poseidon

I shoot a lot with the gopro 3 black. Caves, lakes that are very dark and shipwrecks.
    I can tell you light is the key! I meet a couple years ago a guy from China that is selling very good video lights for really good prices.

I bought a few and have been very pleased with the preformance.

I now have become the distributor for this part of Europe.

VL 1800$280.00(1800 lumens) and the new VL2500(2500 lumens) $310.00 are bulletproof!

The lights are heavy duty!
    I used my first set for 2 years hard and never had a problem. This is when I decided to start selling them in Europe.

They make great backup lights as well!

I ship from Europe if I have the lights in stock. If not they come direct from China. Normally takes 10 working days.

BigBlue Lights is the company's name. They are a DEMA every year.
    Attached Files

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

Casco Antiguo | Tienda Online De Buceo ILUMINACION SUBACQUA D11V

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast