+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Christmas 2013 diving in Cozumel

Havin Fun Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C's Avatar
    rEvo III micro RMS

rEvo III mini, Optima

Christmas 2013 diving in Cozumel

For Christmas week 2013 we decided to go away somewhere warm and do some diving so... Eric and I packed up our rEvos and headed to Cozumel.

It was a great trip with 5 days of wonderful diving with Deep Exposure Dive Center. They provide full support for rebreathers and the crew is awesome! We've been diving with them on several trips now and have enjoyed it every time. Most of our dives were in the 200-250' range along the wall and reefs. I had the opportunity to have a fairly close encounter with a giant eagle ray. Sad to report however that I have no photos to share. Day 1 I flooded the strobe so it stayed in the room the rest of the trip. Tony tells us I have a 'very nice paperweight' now. Oh well, off to replace it.

The dive shop is in town so we stayed at a small place close to the shop: Casa Mexicana. It's a very nice place conveniently located for diving during the day and plenty of restaurants for dinner. We've stayed here several times and have had no complaints. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They offer a nice buffet breakfast that gets you going before a full day of diving.

If you have plans to visit Cozumel for some diving, I recommend you check out Deep Exposure and Casa Mexicana.
    Kristi Cunningham

RBW Member jburton has a little shameless behaviour in the past jburton's Avatar
    Prism 2 and Optima 2

Re: Christmas 2013 diving in Cozumel

Thanks for the info. I am planing a small group trip for late spring. Any issues transporting Sofnolime or cylinders?

Havin Fun Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C's Avatar
    rEvo III micro RMS

rEvo III mini, Optima

Don at Deep Exposure has a supply of both sofnolime and cylinders. We didn't transport the sorb and purchased from him. We did pack our tanks in our checked bags. No problems at all.

FYI, Don mentioned planning another Tech Week in late March. Not sure of the actual dates though.
    Kristi Cunningham

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

Thumbs up Re: Christmas 2013 diving in Cozumel

My wife, dive buddy Jerry and myself joined the Cunninghams for what was a very nice vacation in Cozumel. Staying down town gave us access to alot of very good local retaurants. . Unfortunately Jerry never quite made it as far as the dive boat.We even had the spectacle of two Optimas diving at the same time, my wife, diving open circuit was also catered for by Deep Exposure who run recational dives as well as Tech.
    I second Kristi's recommendation on Deep Exposure, they supplied tanks and Extend Air for us Optimistic divers, and can also provide any flavor of fill you might need.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

I'm looking at an eventual trip to Cozumel and a couple of questions.

1> Steel or AL tanks?
    2> Exposures protection 3mil, drysuit (shorts, t shirt only?)

thx!

Not Admin Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C is a splendid one to behold Mr_C's Avatar
    rEvo Micro III

rEvo Mini III, Optima

Deep Exposure had both - so that is more of a preference. I like my Carbon Fibers, so brought them along.

Water temp is warm. But since we were doing RB diving with 2+ hour run times, I always dive in 5mm there with a hood.

If it was an recreational OC dive, 3mm/shorts works.

Eric

+ Reply to Thread