+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KISS Spirit hands on review

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

KISS Spirit hands on review

I have put together a very detailed write up on the KISS Orca and Lte Spirit rebrether in the latest issue (UWJ-issue_31) of the Underwater Journal. This same issue includes a feature on the biggest fish on the reef, Atlantic goliath grouper, as well as a feature on one of the smallest, the pygmy seahorse.

As always, Journal issues are formatted for easy viewing on either a tablet, laptop or desktop, with no zooming to read tiny type, waiting on gee-whiz interactive features that donít load, or scrolling through annoying text windows. Issues can be saved to your hard drive or to iBooks, and as always, subscriptions are free at UWJ |.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

RBW Member outofayr is an unknown quantity at this point outofayr's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

Re: KISS Spirit hands on review

Walt:

Nice article on the Spirit. Just makes the wait for mine even harder

Brfian

RBW Member outofayr is an unknown quantity at this point outofayr's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

Walt:

Does the Spirit or LTE come set up to sidemount the BO/diluent bottle, or is a buttpad (Armadillo/Dive Rite) needed? Seems like the SM position of the diluent is emphasized, so curious on that.

Thanks!
    Brian

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar

You can add (recommend that you do) a butt plate or something like one to the Spirit Orca or Lte for better streamlining your dil/off-board tank. I certainly do for both my Spirit and Classic. Beyond that, everyone has their own idea of type and placement of bungees to hold the upper end of the tank closer up by your side below the arm pit.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief

Pucks & sharks! hroark2112 is an unknown quantity at this point hroark2112's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit LTE

Kiss Sport, DiveRite O2ptima

I didn't see an butt plate as an option on the order sheet. Is this an aftermarket item? If so, where might I find one?

Thanks!!

Definitely aftermarket. Look into Golemgear.com or any body that carries Dive Rite for a start.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

I am looking at the available aftermarket buttplates and their intended attachment by bolts to the base of a backplate and then I'm looking at the rather lightweight plastic of my Spirit Lte and I'm picturing a post entry catastrophic disintegration (while slinging the offboard tank and a matching stage) or a least a nasty split coming on halfway up the ladder. Am I (possibly for the first time ever) being over cautious?

+ Reply to Thread