+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Puking through BOV

RBW Member Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060 is on a distinguished road Kristen24060's Avatar
    Pathfinder

Re: Puking through BOV

Quote Originally Posted by sensor330  View Original Post
    Very ironic this came up as I had a spell of vomiting while diving today, first time ever. I decided to pull the mouth piece out while vomiting and replacing it between episodes. I dive a Shrimp BOV with Drager Nova and I was concerned that puking into the loop or though the BOV would plug things up to much. The part that really sucked was that I had 30 min deco and spend most of it dry heaving into the unit. I so incapacitated that switching to OC was impossible, I had no buddy so I had to stay on the loop. I was sure that the cause of the vomiting had nothing to do with the unit so I felt comfortable staying on the loop.

I wouldn't bother with a BOV, except that I am interested in trying out a FFM. When I had my incidents, I decided it was better to keep the reg in my mouth. I don't really want to try it again to see if I could keep myself from inhaling water after a series of convulsions. So the mask bite piece and tube cleared themselves OK?

On the fence hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound's Avatar
    KISS / Meg

I have the Shrimp on my desk. A standard OC reg would be easier to flush out from just looking at it. I would not puke though it.

I'm prone to seasickness and I always take the mouthpiece out to blow chunks: once on CC; and 3-4 times on open circuit perhaps. I have nothing to add there.

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Puking through BOV

Maybe Jakub can put together a small pneumatic macerator system that fits inside the bov. You can power it with the LP hose. Just don't let your tongue wander too far. I hate to rehash an old joke I used on CDF but I still feel that "Chunk-buster" is the best name to use.
    -Capt Tom McCarthy
    Stone Rust | East Coast Wreck Diving
    SF2 | rEvo
    Training | Charters | Equipment

On the fence hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound has a spectacular aura about hound's Avatar
    KISS / Meg

I still need one on my sink, but instead I'm dreaming up my manifold configuration and BOV setup. It's a wonder why my wife is peeved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2