+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: User reputation

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

User reputation

Lately, there have been some questions, issues, and incorrect use of the 'reputation' system, so I thought I'd clear a few things up.

V-Buletin allows for reputation points among members. If you agree with a members post, and like what they have said, you may award them 'green'' reputation points. This is why you'll hear members say 'green sent.' The inverse - if you disagree with them, and do not like what they have said, you may take away reputation points, or give them 'red.'

Here's where the confusion occurs. At the bottom left of every post are 2 boxes, one green, one red. You would think that the green box is for positive green points, and the red box is for the negative points, but this is not the case.

The green box is for all reputation points, positive and negative. When you click the box, a little pop up will open and you'll have 2 choices, and the option to add a comment if you choose.

To assign green points:

Or if you disagree to assign red points:

Clicking the red box does not assign red points, this reports the post to the RBW mod staff. Just like the bottom line in the window says.

Recently many people have been trying to give red blobs and have been reporting posts to the staff. Which is fine, but many of you are not intending to do this.

Lastly, some members have chosen to get into the red blob war, where they keep tossing negative points back and forth at each other. It is important to remember, that the amount of points awarded or taken away depends on the member issuing the points. DSix for example, (sadly) leads the the green list. If he gives you a green blob you get 150 points. And if he gives you a red blob, you'll loose 75. Verses a member who signed up yesterday - who gives and takes away 1 point at a time. Recently there was a war between 2 members throwing red blobs at each other. One has a weight of 75 and the other 9.

If you are a member with low reputation points, and want to earn more weight in the game, the only thing I can say is go make more posts that people agree with.

Winner gets a free RebreatherWorld membership.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tienuts; 12th December 2013 at 12:57.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Re: User reputation

Very good Tony. Have some green:)

Isn't nerdy internet hierarchy very childish??? :) Some people take it way to seriously IMO

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Is there a way to see or calculate the amount of green/red points a user wields?

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by cramerdn  View Original Post
    Is there a way to see or calculate the amount of green/red points a user wields?
    That would suggest that you care, which would be sad :) LOL

Tony - If I put some Kiss posters up in my bedroom will that increase my reputation?

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBrown  View Original Post
    Isn't nerdy internet hierarchy very childish??? :) Some people take it way to seriously IMO
    Yes and yes.

The only reason I really mention it, is because many members are reporting the posts when they mean to give red infraction points, and it is confusing some of our staff. (cough, Eric.)

No, only the admins can see this.

Tony - If I put some Kiss posters up in my bedroom will that increase my reputation?
    Yes, your reputation goes up tenfold, but there is a stringent verification process to prove that you've actually hung the posters and intend to keep them there.

KISS

By the way, those so inclined can disable their user reputation from being displayed in their control panel under 'edit options.'

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

That would suggest that you care, which would be sad :) LOL
    Of course I care. It could be a valuable commodity. Lets say you are haggling over the price of a snap clip. You could add something to the deal like..."ok I will pay 2.75 plus the shipping and give you a 100 pt green blob."

P.S. these banana GIFs remain out of sync after repeated requests to have them fixed. (see now if I knew my reputation power I could add "don't make me give you a 78pt red blob if you don't fix them'")

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Of course I care. It could be a valuable commodity. Lets say you are haggling over the price of a snap clip. You could add something to the deal like..."ok I will pay 2.75 plus the shipping and give you a 100 pt green blob."

P.S. these banana GIFs remain out of sync after repeated requests to have them fixed. (see now if I knew my reputation power I could add "don't make me give you a 78pt red blob if you don't fix them'")

I think that makes them realistic...

RBW Member MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent's Avatar
    rEvo micro FT

User reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Yes and yes.

The only reason I really mention it, is because many members are reporting the posts when they mean to give red infraction points, and it is confusing some of our staff. (cough, Eric.)
    What did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post

I think that makes them realistic...
    Yeah sure, more realistic dancing bananas. I would threaten you for your insolence but I don't know how many points my red blob inflicts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast