+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Truk Lagoon 2014 Trip Dates

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Truk Lagoon 2014 Trip Dates

We had a fantastic trip to Truk again this year and I'm pleased to have the dates set for next year.

We are running 2 trips starting March 18 - 28 and again in October 6-16

Both trips are timed to align with connecting flights so you don't get stuck in Guam waiting and I've found 10 days to be right to get to see the majority of the wrecks, revisit a few of the ones liked the most and not be away from home and work for too long.

I'm not going to write all the trip details again as it's all the same as last year and the prices remain unchanged so it's great value for what you get.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar

Re: Truk Lagoon 2014 Trip Dates

I thought it was time for an update.....

I've cancelled the March trip and I'm going to concentrate on the October trip this year. The dates are set October 06 - 16 and it's a great time of the year to head over there. I've been running trips to Truk in October for the past 5 years and we have always got to dive all the wrecks on our "To Do" list including the Katsuragisan Maru and the Oite Destroyer which are out near the fringing reefs and out in the open.

We have full Rebreather support and plenty of, Tanks, Sorb, Trimix and O2 at 200 bar. We also cater for Open Curcuit divers and there are twin sets and stage tanks available for those who want them.

2013_10_11_4776s.jpg

If you've been thinking of going to Truk don't put it off any longer. Many of the wrecks are starting to collapse closing off and covering some of the incredible cargo they were carrying. At the same time, some previously inaccessible areas of the wrecks are now open so even tho some parts are closed there are new areas to investigate. So there's always something new to see.

2013_10_13_4869s.jpg

Truk is an underwater photographer's heaven with clear water, colourful corals and fishlife not to mention the wrecks and the multitude of cargo they were carrying to support the Japanese war machine. There is everything from huge field artillery guns, battle tanks, trucks, cars, bulldozers, bombs, torpedoes and bullets to rolls of fencing wire, Mitsubishi Zero fighters and masses of spare parts.....Propellers, fuel tanks, tyres and much, much more.

The wrecks are mostly Japanese Merchant ships sunk during Operation Hailstorm, now 70 years ago, there are 2 destroyers, a submarine and Aircraft including a Betty Bomber, Emily flying boat, Zero and a 3 seat Kate. Depths range from a few meters to the deepest wreck, the Katsuragisan Maru in 72m so there is plenty to see and diving to suit all levels from Novice to full Tech

2013_10_15_5005Rs.jpg

Last year a Japanese Kaiten, or Suicide Torpedo was found and dived for the first time. This is very exciting news and I have always wanted to see one for myself. Historic Naval Ships Visitors Guide - Japanese Kaiten

This is a short clip giving an insight into the Kaiten https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prqBg056RvQ

Other news is The Blue Lagoon's new Oxygen plant is up and running and they are now able to generate up to 97% onsite so there's no shortage of O2. Last year I fitted a backup booster and overhauled their main booster to speed up filling and giving them redundancy in the unlikely chance of one breaking down.

2013_10_14_4961Rs.jpg

You can join the trip at either Cairns, Guam or Truk. Our trip includes

Airfares to and from place of joining
    Transport to and from the Resort
    Dive Permit valid for 12 Months
    1 Tank and air fill per dive
    Twin Share Accommodation for 10 nights at the Blue Lagoon Resort (Single accom is available for an additional cost)
    18 Dives 2 dives per day for 9 days

Extras

Meals
    Any additional tanks/dives/gear hire
    Nitrox
    Sorb
    Trimix
    CCR Tank Hire

Flights ex Cairns and Guam are with United Airlines

Price
    Ex Cairns $2850.00US

Ex Guam $2590.00US

Join at Truk $1920.00US

Places are available so put your name down so not to be disappointed.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Nice looking pictures.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Nice looking pictures.

Best regards,
    Thanks Chett.......They were taken with my trusty Canon 5D MkII and Aquatica housing. I've updated it with a MkIII and am looking forward to heading back again to try it out :)

Pucks & sharks! hroark2112 is an unknown quantity at this point hroark2112's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit LTE

Kiss Sport, DiveRite O2ptima

Bucket list!!

Does that price include the O2, bailout, sorb, etc? Or is that all extra?

Are extra dives available for those of us who aren't all that bright?? :)

OOPS!!! Never mind. I just read again. See...not so bright!! What kind of extra cost are we looking at for sorb, fills, etc?
    Last edited by hroark2112; 12th March 2014 at 04:40.

Quote Originally Posted by hroark2112  View Original Post
    Bucket list!!

Does that price include the O2, bailout, sorb, etc? Or is that all extra?

Are extra dives available for those of us who aren't all that bright?? :)

OOPS!!! Never mind. I just read again. See...not so bright!! What kind of extra cost are we looking at for sorb, fills, etc?
    I plan for around $50.00US/day for meals........Sorb, trimix, O2 and CCR tanks runs at around $1000.00US which isn't bad for 9 days diving and around 30hrs underwater :)

Regards,

Lance

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

someday....

Serious Swagelok Addict jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace is a jewel in the rough jasace's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Satori PSCR

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Thanks Chett.......They were taken with my trusty Canon 5D MkII and Aquatica housing. I've updated it with a MkIII and am looking forward to heading back again to try it out :)
    I'm interested to know which port and lens you used to take the last three pictures with?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by jasace  View Original Post
    I'm interested to know which port and lens you used to take the last three pictures with?

thx
    All these pics were taken with a Canon 14mm prime f2.8 USM II lens and the Aquatica Superdome Port.

Regards,

Lance

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

what is the power there at truk and plug types?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast