+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cocos.. the best CCR-only trip I ever did!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Cocos.. the best CCR-only trip I ever did!

Quote Originally Posted by s115  View Original Post
    i'll be honest with you, it seems a bit like false advertising if you say a vessel is fully setup for ccr support and you had to bring your own ccr tanks and provide your own 40 cf bailouts. it would seem the vessel is in fact, not setup for ccr support.

what happened to the 40 cf bailouts once you left? underseahunter didnt think about buying them off you and having them on hand, or at least some of them?
    To be honest with you, there's something about the tone of your message here seems your resentful about the enjoyment they had on this trip as I think they've made it pretty clear that this vessel is fully equipped to go above and beyond to accommodate CCR divers. I'm sure I'm not sure what you mean about the boat buying them off of Paul. I'm sure they have enough money to buy whatever they want.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

i'll be honest with you, it seems a bit like false advertising if you say a vessel is fully setup for ccr support and you had to bring your own ccr tanks and provide your own 40 cf bailouts. it would seem the vessel is in fact, not setup for ccr support.

what happened to the 40 cf bailouts once you left? underseahunter didnt think about buying them off you and having them on hand, or at least some of them?
    I don't think I wrote anyware that the vessel 'is fully setup for CCR support'

please check my posts, I try to be carefull in what I post, to avoid beiing called 'false advertising'..

I wrote:

- we had a FANTASTIC trip
    - the crew and diveguides did more than what we expected to make this trip the perfect CCR-only trip
    - they changed their planning during the day to accomodate us
    - the diveguides were also on CCR, so even better
    - we saw amasing things under water..

For a next trip: I would like to have them stock CCR tanks and small bail-outs
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Cocos.. the best CCR-only trip I ever did!

Wow. Amazing video! Thanks for sharing, Paul. Definitely on my short list of places to go!
    -Tom
    -Capt Tom McCarthy
    Stone Rust | East Coast Wreck Diving
    SF2 | rEvo
    Training | Charters | Equipment

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    To be honest with you, there's something about the tone of your message here seems your resentful about the enjoyment they had on this trip as I think they've made it pretty clear that this vessel is fully equipped to go above and beyond to accommodate CCR divers. I'm sure I'm not sure what you mean about the boat buying them off of Paul. I'm sure they have enough money to buy whatever they want.

Best regards,
    i'm not resentful, not sure how you read that into it. im actually planning a trip there and from the video, it looks like you could rock up and be good to go on a ccr, which is clearly not the case. it seemed a pretty important point to mention that those nice shiny al40s arent actually available.

if they have the cash and are so into ccr, why not buy a half boat set of ccr and BOs? having one on offer only and being told to source your own isnt really the sign of a ccr friendly company.

traveling with cylinders is a big deal, only having 15L tanks for BO would be a big PITA.

a boat might be setup for ccr, but without the correct cylinders, its just a place where you can get sorb and o2 fills and things are a little more convenient.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

i'm not resentful, not sure how you read that into it. im actually planning a trip there and from the video, it looks like you could rock up and be good to go on a ccr, which is clearly not the case. it seemed a pretty important point to mention that those nice shiny al40s arent actually available.

if they have the cash and are so into ccr, why not buy a half boat set of ccr and BOs? having one on offer only and being told to source your own isnt really the sign of a ccr friendly company.

traveling with cylinders is a big deal, only having 15L tanks for BO would be a big PITA.

a boat might be setup for ccr, but without the correct cylinders, its just a place where you can get sorb and o2 fills and things are a little more convenient.
    Thanks for clarifying I totally understand. And thanks for explaining a little bit more about the bailout tank situation.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    For a next trip: I would like to have them stock CCR tanks and small bail-outs

Sorry if it seemed like I was putting words in your mouth, but the video implies all those shiny al40s are available on the boat. yes the above would be awesome, have they talked about this? the bailout is not make or break, its just a sucky situation. but cylinders are given the travel distance from Australia and excess baggage costs. Or i've got to think about some carbon fibres at 1k a pair....

RBW Member lili is an unknown quantity at this point lili's Avatar

This was a great experience and I specially realize it once I'm back!

It got normal to see during our dives hammerheads, big schools of jacks, hundreds of reef sharks, etc.

The Undersea Hunter was very comfortable, the staff very friendly and the food great.

Thanks to Paul for this successful organization.
    Lili and Alain

Wrecked wrecked is on a distinguished road wrecked is on a distinguished road wrecked's Avatar
    rEvoIIIStd

KISS, rEvoIII

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    hi all,

I just returned from a fabulous trip to Cocos Island.

Organised with the UnderseaHunter Group, a full CCR only trip, with even the diveguides on CCR!

The big thing: they understood what CCR divers want!
    Nice one Paul. People often forget that guides in overseas locations usually dive on open circuit only.

Maybe we should setup a list of sites with CCR friendly guides with longer bottom times on those great wrecks!