+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picture of packed CCR for Travel

RBW Member shagyluke is on a distinguished road shagyluke is on a distinguished road shagyluke's Avatar
    Meg Copis

Picture of packed CCR for Travel

Does anyone have a picture of how and what they use to travel with thier CCR. I have a carry on that the can will fit into so I have some ideas but wanted to ask in the event someone had a better idea than me. If it is easier you can email aaronvincent@cox.net.

Thanks

AV
    Last edited by shagyluke; 25th November 2013 at 22:26.

RBW Member Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Picture of packed CCR for Travel

I traveled to your area to dive with Steve @ LakeMeadTech Last October.

All my dive stuff and Meg bits normally fit in 2 bags. The hardside 21" fits in an overhead without issue. I carried another 26" bag that had my drysuit and business clothes for a week long convention along with another computer bag on my shoulder.... all this on Southwest with no charge :)

Once I get to location a wheeled 26" also has enough room to expand and let me throw in sorb and 2X 3L cylinders if I need to rent gear and travel further on a ferry or taxi.

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

My standard Meg as carry on.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

This is a Revo III Mini stainless packed for travel as a backpack that fits in the overhead compartment on airliners including down to the Embraer 190 series size aircraft.

On our way back from a 10 day all rebreather live aboard to Cocos Island with Undersea Hunter group. awesome diving with no bubble blowers (including the guides) to mess up the the close encounters with all kinds of sharks (Tigers, Galapagos, Silvertips, Whitetips, and large numbers of schooling Scalloped Hammerheads). also got to see a pod of Bottlenose Dolphins feeding in a large school of big Eye Trevallys, squadrons of Spotted Eagle Rays, Devil Rays (Mobulas) and schools of Yellowfin Tuna. woa.

added the pic of my wife's Revo Micro FT in a carry on suitcase.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by swadiver; 26th November 2013 at 15:14.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

All of my JJ incuding wing back plate loop CLs etc in an overhead bag

Inspo on the right in a massive crate :D

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Complete Flex CCR fits into carryon

FlexCarryon.jpg

RBW Member shagyluke is on a distinguished road shagyluke is on a distinguished road shagyluke's Avatar
    Meg Copis

Hey thanks for all the pictures, This gives me some ideas. I think I need to go shop for a different carry on. So do most of you just rent tanks wherever you are going?

AV

RBW Member Banana Joe is an unknown quantity at this point Banana Joe's Avatar
    Frankinspo Classic

That just looks like it needs lime and tanks and is dive ready!

Cheers, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    This is a Revo III Mini stainless packed for travel as a backpack that fits in the overhead compartment on airliners including down to the Embraer 190 series size aircraft.

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

I just pack it all fully assembled into one of the yellow-lidded Inspo crates that Chasey has in his photo - arrive at dive destination, add sorb, attach cylinders and go diving. Overhead compartments are for U/W camera gear! The crate has a layer of 10mm neoprene on the bottom as shock absorption, and the wetsuit vest goes on top.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Picture of packed CCR for Travel

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    I just pack it all fully assembled into one of the yellow-lidded Inspo crates that Chasey has in his photo - arrive at dive destination, add sorb, attach cylinders and go diving. Overhead compartments are for U/W camera gear! The crate has a layer of 10mm neoprene on the bottom as shock absorption, and the wetsuit vest goes on top.
    I do practically the same, I bought a carbon fibre suitcase from Samsonite , I think they are called "cosmolite", put some wetsuits around the rEvo (standard) and some bubble foam. It goes in fully assembled ( no tanks or sorb) it has 4 wheels so easy to pull behind you. Never any problems.
    A big sticker with : " handle with care ! Life support system !" If it doesn't help it doesn't harm :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast