+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you all think of a UBS 40 ?

Re: What do you all think of a UBS 40 ?

Hello.
    I spent over 275 hours on a Azymuth.
    Advantage: possibillity to regulate the flow depending on the mixture available. 3:00 autonomy as possible with 40/60.
    Disadvantages: limited to 40 meters. Parts overpriced and presqe found. Fragile breathing bags (last dive with a good dose of lime soda drunk).
    since I left to rot in a corner and I went to the inspiration.
    Regards (sorry for my english).
    Pat.: Sarcy:

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

I do have 1st hand experience on an Azimuth.
    The 2nd port on the dosage bloc is for a second tank as used on a stock Azimuth. It becomes active when you flip the lever. I plugged it on my conversion into mCCR.
    More info on my unit here: Philippe Gerin
    Philippe
    Last edited by Philippe GERIN; 22nd November 2013 at 20:50. Reason: typo

RBW Member Mudfish is an unknown quantity at this point Mudfish's Avatar
    UBS40pro

(Ray)

@pat_plouf
    thanks for your input. Sorry about your CL accident.
    The adjustability of the valve is one of the things that are interesting to me.
    40m is fine.

@Philippe_Gerin
    thanks for the link: beautiful conversion.
    You dove it with the VR3 and the Oxygauge together as redundancy?
    But you didn't stay with it. So is it just an experiment?

I would like to ask your opinion on two things since I am playing through my possibilities and what they would cost me:
    What would be your opinion for these setups for the UBS40:
    1)
    (for 5-15meters): UBS40 with 4L of Nitrox for the loop and
    4L of air attached to the shell for drysuit, BCD and Bailout.
    alternatively
    (for 5-30m)
    as above:
    4L of Nitrox and
    only 2L of air for drysuit and BCD
    plus an external 40cft Stage/Bailout.

2) Isn't it maybe a better idea - for scr! - to have an oxygauge with an acoustic alarm than a VR3 that only blinks if something goes wrong?

Thanks for your thoughts
    Robert

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Vr3 + oxygauge: yes, for redundency. It was 10 years ago and there wasn't a lot of after market parts at the time. Today, I would do a diffrent setup. The oxygauge has a buzzer.
    I moved to a classic Kiss as I was travelling regularly. The Azi is too big to travel with.
    My advice on your setup. Do not attach anything to the shell. BCD inflate comes from the 4L main tank. In any case, sling a 30 or 40cft or 7L alu tank for BO. DS inflate hose from your BO tank.
    Dive safe.
    Philippe
    Last edited by Philippe GERIN; 23rd November 2013 at 19:58.

RBW Member Mudfish is an unknown quantity at this point Mudfish's Avatar
    UBS40pro

(Ray)

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe GERIN  View Original Post
    My advice on your setup. Do not attach anything to the shell. BCD inflate comes from the 4L main tank. In any case, sling a 30 or 40cft or 7L alu tank for BO. DS inflate hose from your BO tank.
    Thanks Philippe.
    Since I find all of your ideas really helpful. How would you set up a single cell PO2 Monitor today. I can get a hold of a vr3-cable quite easily but the oxygauges appeal to me because of their unobtrusive simplicity.

I would be curious how you would do it today - still considering that SW or anything like it are out of the question.

Cheers
    Robert

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2