+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is a 2nd voyager I safe to buy?

RBW Member Mudfish is an unknown quantity at this point Mudfish's Avatar
    UBS40pro

(Ray)

Is a 2nd voyager I safe to buy?

SHOULD READ:
    "Is a second HAND voyager I safe to buy"

One of two questions that keep my up at the moment. Would like serious input on the premiss that spending above 1500€ is out of the question.

So there is a Voyager on the net in Italy for 1200€.
    I know a guy who does training on them. It is already complete for SCR and MCCR.

Would it be a good idea to buy it?

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Re: Is a 2nd voyager I safe to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfish  View Original Post
    Only if they Give you 1200E to take it off their hands, you can then sell the unit to Dignitas and you should then have enough to buy something else.

FWIW 1200euro would buy a second hand Inspiration, a unit with current existing manufacturer, service, parts and training available.

IMO You should at least double your budget to pay for training then triple the budget to cover travel, consumables and spares to get yourself CCR ready.

UBS40pro

(Ray)

Re: Is a 2nd voyagerI safe to buy?

What you are saying does sound a bit discouraging.

The incident in Triest seems to have been caused by gross negligence of the machine maintenance and of the instructors duty to stay with their pupils. They were left alone. And there was something wrong with their machines: hose not properly attached to the scrubber.

Although it is off putting, the incidient is due to human negligence not actually to a bad construction of the Voayger itself. As far as the newspaper article in Italian describes it. Still...

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Is a 2nd voyager I safe to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Only if they Give you 1200E to take it off their hands, you can then sell the unit to Dignitas and you should then have enough to buy something else.

FWIW 1200euro would buy a second hand Inspiration, a unit with current existing manufacturer, service, parts and training available.

IMO You should at least double your budget to pay for training then triple the budget to cover travel, consumables and spares to get yourself CCR ready.
    Agrée for most but in Germany and Belgium there are enough trainers available so you don't have to spend money on traveling , enough fresch water lake's to practice.

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfish  View Original Post
    SHOULD READ:
    "Is a second HAND voyager I safe to buy"

One of two questions that keep my up at the moment. Would like serious input on the premiss that spending above 1500€ is out of the question.

I know a guy who does training on them. It is already complete for SCR and MCCR.

Would it be a good idea to buy it?
    I know some cave diver who used the Voyager for pretty deep and long diving. Luigi Cassati, Alberto Cavedon, Matteo Ratto... they all went where I never will go with my rebreather :) Atomik (Matteo Ratto) at the moment use a HH and he is also on this forum. Ask him.
    Last edited by gerstl_ossi; 18th November 2013 at 20:22.

RBW Member atomik is an unknown quantity at this point atomik's Avatar
    Hammerhead / Mccr homemade

Classic, Voyager, NT1 pscr, HH

I used the Voyager for 3 years like others people. I know more than 10 divers that use it also in this moment. Of course there have been many accidents (more proportioned to others machines), but I always consider the problem in the negligence of use, more for inexperience and bad use of a standard mccr.

The voyager is not longer produced from some year. You can find some used at very low price, but you must consider that you don't' have training agency, resellers or assistance.

The CCR standard version has only 3 cell readers, no hud or alarms. To dive at classic depth limit of a mccr I think that is not so bad, but non comparable with rebreathers of today,… but also in the price :)

You must pay particular attention to restyle Oxy input, the Voy in all existent versions, has a switch to open /close oxygen (like P-SCR for the flow).. more dangerous because if you close for error during dive, you can understand.. . :-/

dive safe
    Matteo R.

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

Quote Originally Posted by Brad_Horn  View Original Post
    It wasn't just a single incident on the Voyager as theres a few more to also consider that are listed at http://www.deeplife.co.uk/or_files/R...ase_100725.xls

Regards
    Brad

dont go by the deeplife info as its very much skewed as we all know , listen to the people who own and have owned them (the unit in question ) they really are the info group you can trust , especially ones who have experience on multiple units ........not self made rebreather gods

UBS40pro

(Ray)

Quote Originally Posted by atomik  View Original Post
    I used the Voyager for 3 years like others people. I know more than 10 divers that use it also in this moment. Of course there have been many accidents (more proportioned to others machines), but I always consider the problem in the negligence of use, more for inexperience and bad use of a standard mccr.

The voyager is not longer produced from some year. You can find some used at very low price, but you must consider that you don't' have training agency, resellers or assistance.

The CCR standard version has only 3 cell readers, no hud or alarms. To dive at classic depth limit of a mccr I think that is not so bad, but non comparable with rebreathers of today,… but also in the price :)

You must pay particular attention to restyle Oxy input, the Voy in all existent versions, has a switch to open /close oxygen (like P-SCR for the flow).. more dangerous because if you close for error during dive, you can understand.. . :-/

dive safe
    Matteo R.
    Grazie Matteo!

Per il corso: Conosco un istruttore ad Aci Trezza (vicino Catania/SIZ) che fa corsi per il Voyager e anche per il Meg o L' Insp.
    Ho ogni fiducia in lui. È piu tedesco di tanti tedeschi che cognosco qui.

Per il reb: Se ho capito bene mi sugerisci di cambiare il manual valve. Questo cambiarebbe il prezzo del unit un bel po.

Grazie per il tuo post. Mi è molto utile.

Robert
    Last edited by Mudfish; 19th November 2013 at 18:53.

UBS40pro

(Ray)

Quote Originally Posted by udtabn  View Original Post
    dont go by the deeplife info as its very much skewed as we all know , listen to the people who own and have owned them (the unit in question ) they really are the info group you can trust , especially ones who have experience on multiple units ........not self made rebreather gods
    Not to worry. Trying to do just that.
    I checked the German Taucher.Net and boy is there a lot of hot air in that forum. So I am filtering.

+ Reply to Thread