Thread: Poseidon Se7en

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Thumbs up Re: Poseidon Se7en

Hi

a beautiful Rebreather

Franck

RBW Member MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent will become famous soon enough MeRodent's Avatar
    rEvo micro FT

Poseidon Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe_E  View Original Post
    . The new owners doesn't have to be concerned about all this fuzz, their units is already fully upgradeable.
    OK Jeppe, this is the second time you've done this so time for a quick English lesson.

fuss is the word you're after - it means making a big deal of something.

fuzz on the other hand is either:

A) hairy stuff, like the bum fluff on a kid trying to grow a beard or the furry outside of a peach.

B) colloquial (UK) for cops or rozzers (another colloquial term).

C) typical bad US spelling where they feel the need to replace perfectly good S's with Z's - though even the Americans don't tend to change double S's for Z's (I guess the fact we use two in a row gets the point across).

RBW Member tomaszgrzyb is an unknown quantity at this point tomaszgrzyb's Avatar

Re: Poseidon Se7en

Hate to be the one that says "I told you so"
    Jeppe but it doesnt means this is ok!!!

I expected this answer from Poseidon but for me this means for me nothing more than I have right to feel be f...d why? - because:
    1) they said "se7en replaces TEC"
    2) there never be possibility to upgrade from MK6 to TEC becasue if on market is 7 there is no reason to put on market TEC unit

So it means - they f... me (and I think not only me) and they have quite good excuse - only one thing can change my mind - reasonable price for upgrade - but prices they show are not reasonable. So i wait for final prices (they said something about donating upgrades)

I want to remember one thing - one angry customer = 10 satisfied so i think Poseidon right is not in good position.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by tomaszgrzyb  View Original Post

I want to remember one thing - one angry customer = 10 satisfied so i think Poseidon right is not in good position.
    Agreed, an angry customer is never a good thing. But it looks like sales of the new seven is way over target. All units was sold out during DEMA and from what I have heard, all units that was allocated for December is also sold out. I am expecting my new head to arrive in January. So I guess that the angry few haven't created a big fuss... fuss... fuss

RBW Member tomaszgrzyb is an unknown quantity at this point tomaszgrzyb's Avatar

hmm - most of angry customer was are after dema show when saw upgrade costs - also who bought it - end users or distributors? Also they sold ready to sell units or its only pre orders?
    I think we have all answers next few months.
    Also I remember how first unit of MK6 was sold in Poland and I don't think show sell is proper to judge is success or not.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

DEMA and from what I have heard, all units that was allocated for December is also sold out.
    Just to be clear Jeppe, DEMA is not open to the public - Its a show for dive industry professionals/stores/organizations/resorts/press. The units sold were not sold to the general public.

Dwayne

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    Just to be clear Jeppe, DEMA is not open to the public - Its a show for dive industry professionals/stores/organizations/resorts/press. The units sold were not sold to the general public.

Dwayne
    Ahh, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know that.

RBW Member SigiSolo has a little shameless behaviour in the past SigiSolo's Avatar
    Poseidon SE7EN

Agreed, an angry customer is never a good thing. But it looks like sales of the new seven is way over target. All units was sold out during DEMA and from what I have heard, all units that was allocated for December is also sold out. I am expecting my new head to arrive in January. So I guess that the angry few haven't created a big fuss... fuss... fuss
    Jeppe_E,
    do you think it is a real good industrial production if a company produces a series and this series is sold out in the first presentation/show?

And i think poseidon produces industrial...

By
    SigiSolo

Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by SigiSolo  View Original Post
    Jeppe_E,
    do you think it is a real good industrial production if a company produces a series and this series is sold out in the first presentation/show?

And i think poseidon produces industrial...

By
    SigiSolo
    No, it is simple underestimation of market request. I do this for a living, and sometimes when you launch something, and it goes out of stock directly it is a misjudgement from the sales team. Look at Apple, it even happens to them. But they have learned over the years and are now producing vast amounts of units before a launch, but even today, they are limiting it to certain markets and do "launch waves"

RBW Member Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile's Avatar
    Meg

These are quotes from the Poseidon 7 site.. its too funny.

G7 Inside
    Generation 7 electronics open up endless possibilities for interaction, accessories and apps. Entirely new internal hardware driven by a new generation of firmware makes the SE7EN faster, flexible and reliable in any diving environment.

Was it slow before? My Meg changes menus and setpoints as fast as I can click. I can also use my handset as a hammer underwater or cut off any wired interface and use as a tourniquet.

Bluetooth Connectivity
    Download your dive logs in seconds, update your settings and interact effortlessly with your POSEIDON SE7EN, all using BluetoothDive Management System
    Enjoy enhanced interaction with your rebreather. The upgraded configuration tool interacts with your POSEIDON SE7EN via Bluetooth, allowing you to make configuration changes in moments. See your dive logs in far greater detail and much more. Better still, itís now Mac compatible!
    Shearwater works really well on Meg for monitoring and fluff. You can do anything on the apeks controller in 2-5 clicks and usually by memory with a final check and confirm click; its a no BS interface.. and just works. Glad to hear about the MAC; thus, the 7's target market.

Recreational or 100M Technical Rebreather
    The POSEIDON SE7EN can be whatever you want it to be! You can use the SE7EN as a Recreational Rebreather or as a 100M-rated Technical Rebreather; itís your choice! Poseidonís industry-leading upgrades give you the ultimate recreational and technical rebreather flexibility
    They are bragging about the upgrades? Meg, Sentinel, JJ, e/m rEvo need no upgrades to go diving to whatever limit you want.

Enhanced Service & Support
    Poseidon already has class-leading reliability and technical support, but the POSEIDON SE7EN makes service and support even easier and more convenient. Automatic dive log downloads to support via Bluetooth, combined with detachable displays and sensors mean that support is even faster and more convenient than before!

See the upgrade & Mac comments.

Upgraded Mouthpiece
    The best rebreather mouthpiece just got even better! A new system keeps the bail-out valve locked in place in closed or open circuit, while still enabling simple switches from closed to open circuit
    That was really an issue?

Cover
    Protective, desirable and functional in equal measures, the cover on the Poseidon SE7EN has a built-in handle and trim weight system, along with grab and lighting rails.
    Don't forget about the window. If those bars are the same diameter as Thule and Yakima that opens it up to all sort of accessories.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast