+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Poseidon Se7en

RBW Member mike0396 is an unknown quantity at this point mike0396's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Discovery MKVI

Re: Poseidon Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe_E  View Original Post
    , then I dont see what all the fuzz is about.
    Jeppe,

I think there are several reasons people are getting upset about this beyond those definitely wishing to dive the unit > 60 m. Those include:

1. Poseidon have indicated that the MKVI won't continue to be supported in the future. Granted - we don't know exactly when - but the day is coming per the Poseidon press release. If existing users don't upgrade within the 6 month window, then you take your chances on support for an obsolete MKVI.

2. For those people having recently upgraded to the 60m mod at a very considerable cost, most feel extremely pissed off (and very understandably IMHO) that to upgrade to the 100m they need to throw the recently purchased 60m head away. I would suggest that most would not have paid for the mod 60m if they had known that 2 months later Poseidon was going to release the Se7en with a new head. Poseidon obviously knew that they were about to release the Se7en when they announced the 60m upgrade. This is very very poor form.

3. This has been done before, and I know you have an alternative angle on this, but Poseidon have clearly stated previously that the MKVI would be able to be upgraded to the Tech (100m rating) for no additional cost beyond the difference between original MKVI cost and the Tech unit (now the Se7en). I know the unit development probably hasn't gone the way Poseidon would have liked, however, a promise is a promise. It clearly induced may buyers (including me) into purchasing the unit in the first place - and I really had no idea at the time whether I would ever contemplate 100m or not - but I wanted the option just in case. That is what I paid for.

4. Given the above, the resale value for the MKVI will surely plummet.

Hope this clarifies what most (not all) are thinking from my observations and what people have told me.

By the way, I like the concept behind the Se7en and wish it well.

Mike

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Poseidon Se7en

Quote Originally Posted by mike0396  View Original Post
    Jeppe,

I think there are several reasons people are getting upset about this beyond those definitely wishing to dive the unit > 60 m. Those include:

1. Poseidon have indicated that the MKVI won't continue to be supported in the future. Granted - we don't know exactly when - but the day is coming per the Poseidon press release. If existing users don't upgrade within the 6 month window, then you take your chances on support for an obsolete MKVI.

2. For those people having recently upgraded to the 60m mod at a very considerable cost, most feel extremely pissed off (and very understandably IMHO) that to upgrade to the 100m they need to throw the recently purchased 60m head away. I would suggest that most would not have paid for the mod 60m if they had known that 2 months later Poseidon was going to release the Se7en with a new head. Poseidon obviously knew that they were about to release the Se7en when they announced the 60m upgrade. This is very very poor form.

3. This has been done before, and I know you have an alternative angle on this, but Poseidon have clearly stated previously that the MKVI would be able to be upgraded to the Tech (100m rating) for no additional cost beyond the difference between original MKVI cost and the Tech unit (now the Se7en). I know the unit development probably hasn't gone the way Poseidon would have liked, however, a promise is a promise. It clearly induced may buyers (including me) into purchasing the unit in the first place - and I really had no idea at the time whether I would ever contemplate 100m or not - but I wanted the option just in case. That is what I paid for.

4. Given the above, the resale value for the MKVI will surely plummet.

Hope this clarifies what most (not all) are thinking from my observations and what people have told me.

By the way, I like the concept behind the Se7en and wish it well.

Mike
    Christ. That sounds like healthcare dot gov!
    I wouldn't be happy when you put it like that. They have to make this right with their customers.

Clear vision, clear mission, solid value, and thorough follow through will set companies apart from the others and make loyal customers IMO.

Garth

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Philipson  View Original Post
    not sure anyone will pay the price of the upgrade when the only real bennifit is the bluetooth download capability
    MK6 to Mk7 e mod only upgrade no case or mouthpiece in USA RRP is $3,450
    You have got to be joking!! That price when converted to Aussie $ and add the local distributor's margin (we don't have a Poseidon Australia - it's done by an importer who then distributes to retailers) then that price won't fly here - you might as well buy a new Se7en for not much more.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    You have got to be joking!! That price when converted to Aussie $ and add the local distributor's margin (we don't have a Poseidon Australia - it's done by an importer who then distributes to retailers) then that price won't fly here - you might as well buy a new Se7en for not much more.
    The new Seven as a Recreational costs $8995 (USD)
    Add 48m battery
    Add 60m Upgrade
    Add Deep battery

You end up with the Seven Deep at around $10500 USD

RBW Member Jon Wright is an unknown quantity at this point Jon Wright's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic, Evolution

Hilarious. The upgrade to dive beyond 60m costs more than most good condition used eccr's. Why not keep the mk6 or 7 for recreational and get a second hand Inspo/Evo/Revo/JJ etc for deep stuff. That way you also have a unit to use when you can't get th mk6/7 through the self test :P

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

RBW Member marcsig is an unknown quantity at this point marcsig's Avatar
    MK7T, Evo

Poseidon Se7en

Divegearexpress lists the Se7en for USD 8,218 with full trimix and MAV CL's
    http://www.divegearexpress.com/rebre...eidonccr.shtml

Thats about USD 1,200 more than the MKVI used to retail for.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Quote Originally Posted by marcsig  View Original Post
    Divegearexpress lists the Se7en for USD 8,218 with full trimix and MAV CL's
    Se7en Rebreather by Poseidon - Dive Gear Express

Thats about USD 1,200 more than the MKVI used to retail for.

Nice price, but you need to add tanks, US model comes without. Still a nice price.

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Does anyone know what the changes are with the new BOV/ADV? How is it better?

Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Does anyone know what the changes are with the new BOV/ADV? How is it better?
    haven't seen it IRL, but as it features a "locking" mechanism to prevent the lever to turn, and at the same time must be turnable by hand, my guess is that this is spring loaded with stops at each ends. So that it springs out in the OC/CC position. The construction must of course not impact the manual control of the BOV switch.

RBW Member mike0396 is an unknown quantity at this point mike0396's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Discovery MKVI

Well chaps, the verdict is now in for the poor bastards silly enough to have purchased the 60 m upgrade in Australia. Get ready for this one.

Price in Australia as follows:

6 > 7 upgrade complete $5800
    6 > 7 upgrade e module only $4400
    6 already with 60m kit > 7 $5300

What a bargin! I smell a class action of litigation coming on here. This is way beyond ridiculous!

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast