+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How to deal with a Caustic Cocktail

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: How to deal with a Caustic Cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Ken Winter will recall that I suffered a pretty good caustic burn on my leg once. I actually did pour coke on it, as nothing else was available and the symptoms immediately subsided. Would it be my first choice? No. But better than letting it sit, burning into your flesh.
    I think the salad dressing containing vinegar did a better job. I wasn't there to see the whole thing through. I was outside doubled over with laughter.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post
    Just because you do not remember it that way, does not mean that it did not occur. It happened and I took care of it promptly, so maybe you did not get the chance to see it.

As for the rest of his posts. Point taken. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
    I certaintly did not see it..
    Was it adressed to me then?

Just curious. If so I'd like to know what he wrote..

RBW Member nwindle will become famous soon enough nwindle will become famous soon enough nwindle will become famous soon enough nwindle will become famous soon enough nwindle's Avatar

god for bid he offended anyone.

I guess people are not entitled to express ones opinion any more, take it with a grain of salt i say.

What ever does not kill you only makes you stronger. :)

People are way to sensitive. I for one would have enjoyed what was said to learn more. If a profanity was made then perhaps it should have been blanked out not removed the entire post like on other forums.

RBW Member BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham's Avatar

How about how not to get one in the first place? When I did it about five years ago, I had just switched my configuration around, I heard a couple of "blubs" during the first 20 minutes of the dive and put it down to the new hose configuration and ended up with a mouthful. If you hear ANYTHING unusual, bail off the thing and figure out what's going on.

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Arrow Re: How to deal with a Caustic Cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Hello Everyone!
    Here is an another article on the AddHelium website. This time on how to handle the rare but potentially dangerous event of a caustic cocktail.
    Wishing that nobody ever finds him/herself in that situation!
    Safe Diving:)
    The Spurned Nip: A ?Caustic Cocktail? - Add Helium
    Thanks for pointing this info out. We never stop learning.
    It's good to be reminded once in a while that these RB's are not toys.
    Now i've had the misfortune to experience one, I side-mounted my Classic KISS it Dived beautifully BTW but my problem was 2 reasons for its failure 1: My KISS BOV was at its end of its working life & failing during the Dive (it did pass pos/negs) i was getting some gurgling but needing to descend i went head down Bad Move kept my kool Bailed to bailout Reg ascended calmly then coughed my little heart out all the way home. I lost my voice & could not eat or (drink much) for one week.
    2: I should not have Dived as i knew my OCBOV was a bit iffy but after pulling it apart & reassembling it a few times i though it would last. Again Bad Move, should not have Dived.

OFF TOPIC - Now Gee what's happening hear Banning one of the Very Knowledgeable CCR Divers is IMO also a Very Bad Move.
    We have so many new CCR users & you can only learn so much from Books & net Articles but knowledge from one of the early CCR Boys is Priceless.

Bring Andy Del Back
    Last edited by Rickoz; 20th November 2013 at 14:17. Reason: :crossfing:crossfing:crossfing

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by BillGraham  View Original Post
    How about how not to get one in the first place? When I did it about five years ago, I had just switched my configuration around, I heard a couple of "blubs" during the first 20 minutes of the dive and put it down to the new hose configuration and ended up with a mouthful. If you hear ANYTHING unusual, bail off the thing and figure out what's going on.
    Both caustic burns I have suffered, occurred topside. Once demonstrating how an EAC works to a known troublemaker on this forum, and the second was assisting someone on a dive boat who had catastrophically flooded their unit.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Rickoz  View Original Post
    OFF TOPIC - Now Gee what's happening hear Banning one of the Very Knowledgeable CCR Divers is IMO also a Very Bad Move.
    We have so many new CCR users & you can only learn so much from Books & net Articles but knowledge from one of the early CCR Boys is Priceless.

Bring Andy Del Back
    Well while very knowledgeable especially in regards to the latest course of argumentation certaintly might be argued, I have nothing against brining him back.
    In the meanwhile I got a hint what he had posted and in fact it was adressed to me.. I can take it, I don't get offended..
    Why would I care what an Aussie throws at me anyways

So if I have a say in it.. Bring him back

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3