+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please identify rebreather

RBW Member Anthony Appleyard is an unknown quantity at this point Anthony Appleyard's Avatar

Re: Please identify rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by humpbackdiving  View Original Post
    Are you for real?
    I can just about to clear my ears by half yawning movement and descending pretty slowely. ... But that must be one hell of a party trick!
    Sorry :: I did not know that that ability was unusual. I have been able to do it from when I started scuba diving, starting with swimming with the mouthpiece and no mask as a qualification test.
    Last edited by Anthony Appleyard; 28th October 2013 at 07:22.

RBW Member Boss K is an unknown quantity at this point Boss K's Avatar
    DSSCCD 1979

Prism Topaz, LAR V, CUMA V2

Nose clips work you know and if your nose is delicate get hold of a phosphor bronze one.

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I think most guys who have been diving long enough don't need to touch their nose to equalize. Wiggle your jaw or flex you soft pallet and you'll clear.

RBW Member tursiops47 has a spectacular aura about tursiops47 has a spectacular aura about tursiops47 has a spectacular aura about tursiops47 has a spectacular aura about tursiops47 has a spectacular aura about tursiops47's Avatar
    AP Evo

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    I think most guys who have been diving long enough don't need to touch their nose to equalize. Wiggle your jaw or flex you soft pallet and you'll clear.
    Some maybe, but surely not most. I've never met anyone, in fact.....not that it is the usual topic of conversation!

RBW Member Anthony Appleyard is an unknown quantity at this point Anthony Appleyard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    ... or flex you soft pallet and you'll clear.
    Wikipedia says that this involves voluntary cntrol over the tensor veli palatini muscle. It tightens the soft-palate and pulls the outlet of the Eustachian tubes open :: this I can prove, because if I do this while breathing in and out (on land), I can hear my breath echoing in my ears.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops47  View Original Post
    Some maybe, but surely not most. I've never met anyone, in fact.....not that it is the usual topic of conversation!

id say most if not all , well all the ones iv dived with , unless thay have a bit of a head cold

RBW Member humpbackdiving is an unknown quantity at this point humpbackdiving's Avatar
    Vision, Deep Pursuit

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Appleyard  View Original Post
    Wikipedia says that this involves voluntary cntrol over the tensor veli palatini muscle. It tightens the soft-palate and pulls the outlet of the Eustachian tubes open :: this I can prove, because if I do this while breathing in and out (on land), I can hear my breath echoing in my ears.
    Please dont base your diving knowledge on wikipedia!!!!!!!!

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Please identify rebreather

It's not just about the muscles, but the diameter of the eustacean tubes. No way I can clear without physically blocking my nose, but I know several folks who can, even with full face mask.

As for funky images, I always liked this one.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2