+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Florida Wreck Diving

RBW Member BjFaeTorphins is an unknown quantity at this point BjFaeTorphins's Avatar

Question Florida Wreck Diving

Hi Folks

I'm thinking about going to Florida for a couple of weeks (what we in the UK call a fortnight) over Christmas and New Year and would like to do some deep wreck diving or even exploration of that is available.

Can anyone recommend any rebreather friendly dive centres, clubs or groups that do wreck exploration.

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

Re: Florida Wreck Diving

Florida is a huge state so not sure where you are heading. If you want to dive wrecks in the deeper range I would recommend Pompano Dive Centre in the Ft. Lauderdale area- they have wrecks ranging in depth from 70 ft to 270 ft.
    Another area to look at and is about a 90 minute drive is Key Largo there are plenty of wrecks there too; a rebreather friendly shop, and one I go to many times, is Conch Republic Divers. They will be at the UK dive show if you planned on attending.
    But be forewarned the weather can make it difficult to dive at that time of the year.

Happy diving

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

+1 for Pompano Dive Center.

RBW Member BjFaeTorphins is an unknown quantity at this point BjFaeTorphins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BjFaeTorphins  View Original Post
    Hi Folks

I'm thinking about going to Florida for a couple of weeks (what we in the UK call a fortnight) over Christmas and New Year and would like to do some deep wreck diving or even exploration of that is available.

Can anyone recommend any rebreather friendly dive centres, clubs or groups that do wreck exploration.
    Flights are booked. Will be in the Keys from 23rd December to 3rd Jan inclusive.

I'm a Scottish CCR Trimix Inspiration Diver and am looking for buddies to do some deep wreck diving with.

+ Reply to Thread