+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebreather trip in Cavalaire, south of France

RBW Member divocean is an unknown quantity at this point divocean's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Rebreather trip in Cavalaire, south of France

Hi,

Here are a few photos i took last week in Cavalaire in the south of France (Mediterranean sea). Thanks to Arnaud Niel, well known TDI & Tek instructor and his diving club Eau Bleue (Eau Bleue Plongee Trimix Cavalaire) where i spent a few days.

Water was still clear and cool (19C in surface, 14C 70m deep)

This place is famous for wrecks such as Togo (55m), Rubis (submarine 40m), Hellcat (57m), ...

1.Rubis

2. Togo

3. Hellcat

4. Ramon Membru

Hope this will give you the envy to see Francoise & Arnaud in Cavalaire, so familiar and a must do in the French Mediterranean coast.

Thanks,

BR,

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Re: Rebreather trip in Cavalaire, south of France

Hi
    Indeed, nice pictures,
    nice wrecks,
    really nice dive owners
    but only CE machines on board ... bloody French regulations
    Jale

RBW Member uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer's Avatar
    rEvo mini III Hybrid rMS

What? What about regulations? Are you saying that you need CE-blurbed equipment to dive in France (EC in general, I suppose)?

Old st(r)ockfish Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by uwxplorer  View Original Post
    What? What about regulations? Are you saying that you need CE-blurbed equipment to dive in France (EC in general, I suppose)?
    Yes,i have a Meg pre CE and i'm not allowed to dive in French water (with diving center).

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naumachos  View Original Post
    Yes,i have a Meg pre CE and i'm not allowed to dive in French water (with diving center).
    100x CE Logo Stickers (Labels) 25mm Permanent Adhesive | eBay

RBW Member uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer is on a distinguished road uwxplorer's Avatar
    rEvo mini III Hybrid rMS

Is this a "French cultural exception" or Europe (EC) wide? I declined the CE stamp on my rEvo, not knowing why I should care... Now I know!
    But in any case is there any difference between models? And what if you modify your unit? Are the dive center taking apart your unit and having it go through WOB tests?

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Quote Originally Posted by uwxplorer  View Original Post
    Is this a "French cultural exception" or Europe (EC) wide? I declined the CE stamp on my rEvo, not knowing why I should care... Now I know!
    But in any case is there any difference between models? And what if you modify your unit? Are the dive center taking apart your unit and having it go through WOB tests?
    Frankly, these questions are the main questions you will find on French forums and technically nothing should be changed but nobody is sure :)
    So just put a sticker on it and go for it :)
    Anyway, as it is France, is always back to he good wish of the dive operator and with my non-ce machine, I have been accepted on some dive boats :)
    Jale

+ Reply to Thread