+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Siren Fleet - Rebreather Friendly!

There is always a "maybe" CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

Siren Fleet - Rebreather Friendly!

Hello everyone,

I am actually writing this live on board from the Fiji Siren as we are on a passage from Suva Suva to Taveuni. The Siren Fleet is operating worldwide from Maledives, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines to Fiji. A Truk Siren is about to be set up and planed to start September next year, many more to come. Booking process goes smooth and professional, with an open ear to special need.

The Sirens are happy to accommodate rebreather divers, Poseidon Discovery MKVI units are available for rent on board and for courses, O2 is available pumped up to ~180bar and sorb can be organized according to request with sufficient notice ahead for the usual local prices. The Truk Siren will be fitted with all needs for technical and rebreather diving with Trimix.

Diving is offered 3-5 times per day mostly depending on the weather and trip schedule. The large dive deck in the front of the boat serves as preparation area while diving is usually from two dinghies which are reached via a platform on the side. Diving in groups while also can be done individually reasonable and not tight rules suit the mostly probably very experienced divers and gives lots of freedom.
    While the crew is not always familiar with rebreathers they are willing to adjust to special needs at any time and have been wonderful and helpful at any time!

The yacht provides 8 large double cabins with full baths, hot water, plenty of 24h power outlets, entertainment system with plenty of movies and TV shows. There is a large saloon with a bar, sofas, TVs, books and large outside dining area. 5 fantastic meals per day are served all soft drinks, coffee, beer are included.

I can highly recommend the Sirens for rebreather divers. The Truk Siren will definitely be a top notch liveaboard for tech rebreathers in the Truk Lagoon.

Pics will follow once I get better connection than a wonky 3G on rough seas with 25 knots winds.

Safe diving

Christian

RBW Member DarthCoker is on a distinguished road DarthCoker is on a distinguished road DarthCoker's Avatar
    KISS Classic

IDA 64, Dolphin

Re: Siren Fleet - Rebreather Friendly!

Can u give me estimate on cost of your trip? Been looking for a FIJI trip for some time.
    Thanks
    S Coker

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

We have now enjoyed 2 Siren trips and booked on another shortly. The reason ? Totally rebreather friendly and a 5 +. star standard of accommodation and great diving and crew. No, I have no business association with the Siren fleet however if you are wanting a first class liveaboard then this is ideal.
    Bear in mind though that you will experience guided dives often accompanied by OC Divers so extreme depths and extended bottom times may not be possible.
    Personally with up to 5 dives a day I have not found this a problem.

There is always a "maybe" CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

But they never had any issue with diving on your own! So I did not have to stick to OC dive plans and bottom times...

As for prices check here
    Fiji in general is not cheap either... we paid around EUR 200,- per night for the first week at a nice resort, food wasn't cheap + the live aboard costs... I brought my sorb over... O2 was about EUR 60,- for 2 divers 25 dives each...

Brian which location are you going next? We are thinking about Palau early 2015

Cheers

Christian

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Christian

We are doing Raja Ampat in April next.
    We did Palau with them on our last trip and had a great time.

+ Reply to Thread