+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lipo battery

RBW Member JimG is on a distinguished road JimG is on a distinguished road JimG's Avatar
    KISS and rEVO

Lipo battery

I have a cannister light with a failed battery. A replacement Li Ion from the light manufacturer is $200 but I am thinking of ordering a Turnigy nano-tech 3300mah Lipo battery for $27 from HobbyKing and I already have a charger that can handle that battery pack. The original battery is 5000mah so I will be about 2/3 the original burn time which is not an issue for the dives I do. The voltages are the same for the original and Turnigy.

I have used similar HobbyKing batteries in instrumentation I place underwater originally designed for non rechargable alkaline battery packs with no problems.

Has anyone else used these airplane model batteries in their lights?

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: Lipo battery

I cant see any issue with it.
    RC batteries tend to have higher discharge rates which are not required by dive lights. The down side ( I think) is that these cells that have a higher discharge rating generally have a smaller capacity.

You could always try building your own battery pack. Sanyo 18650's with solder tabs are pretty easy to come by.

+ Reply to Thread